From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Kingsbury
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 3:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Saving a PDF in Word

Hello,

I am using JAWS 2019 with Word 365.  When I hit F12 to save a document, and I want to save it as a PDF, when I go to the save as file type combo box, arrow down to PDF, tab to the save button and hit enter, it says the file is being used by another application or user and will not save it. This used to work. Any ideas about what I should do?save it as a PDF

Tom Behler

Hello:

In word 2016 or later, Control F12 will allow you to convert a PDF to a Microsoft Word document, after which you can save it accordingly.

I find that this works better for some PDF’s and not others, but it’s just another tool to have in your tool box.

Tom Behler