How do I find where files are being saved?

tele1974@...

So, I've been having this issue where I can't seem to find where documents are being saved, specifically adobe files that are being digitally signed.  I'm wondering, is there a way to find where the documents are going?  I've tried searching for the file name in the start menu search box but can't seem to find the files.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Kurt

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Use search everything by void tools. it is free and will find anything attached to your computer

On 5/20/2019 11:15 AM, tele1974@... wrote:
So, I've been having this issue where I can't seem to find where documents are being saved, specifically adobe files that are being digitally signed.  I'm wondering, is there a way to find where the documents are going?  I've tried searching for the file name in the start menu search box but can't seem to find the files.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Kurt

Randy has given a very good suggestion.  I use the Everything search by voidtools.com on a constant basis.  I like it much better than the Windows 10 built-in search, even with Cortana neutered, as I generally search based on file name and file name alone.

That being said, the location of where a file is being saved, whether in a straight Save or Save As, should be easy to ferret out in the dialog itself.

If you've recently saved one of these documents then try opening it again using the "recent" list in Acrobat.  Even that may get you the information you need.  But if it doesn't, when you do a Save As, the dialog is going to show the current location of the file about to be "saved as" so you can know where it is located.

       ~ Lauren Bacall