Topics

Turning on DVS on a video link

Don Walls

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don

Richard Turner

Not being in Canada, I'm not sure, but do they have a customer service line you could call, or at least write?
On your iPod Touch, check under accessibility settings, and in the media section, make sure Audio description is on.
That could do it for you but you still may need their link to enable the service.
HTH,
Richard

On May 19, 2019, at 11:08 PM, Don Walls <donwalls@...> wrote:

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don

Hi Don,

Could you provide a bit more information about where exactly you go? Are you on https://gem.cbc.ca

Regards,

Sieghard

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don

David & his pack of dogs

Try calling the Apple help desk at 1-877-204-3930

[...]

I think Don is asking how to turn on descriptions when using a PC, if you use an iOS device you probably get the best experience if you download the CBC Gem app.

[...]

I usually just go to cbc.ca, then / and the name of whatever program I want.  When I did phone the CBC, I was told there’s a button to press to turn on DVS, but I couldn’t find it.  I only used my IPod Touch once, when away from home, and that’s when the DVS link appeared near the end of the video being played.

Don

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don

Could you send a link of one of the programs?