ExCell will not read current cell

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Richard Turner

I'm using Excel 2016, but do you have allow Editing Directly In Cells checked under File, Options, Advanced?
Richard

On May 13, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Rick Mladek

Yes… allow editing in cells box is checked…

I'm using Excel 2016, but do you have allow Editing Directly In Cells checked under File, Options, Advanced?

Richard

On May 13, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Chris Hill

And check it it Will work correctly

On May 13, 2019, at 10:41, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

[...]

It was already checked… still checked.. still not working…

Yes… allow editing in cells box is checked…

I'm using Excel 2016, but do you have allow Editing Directly In Cells checked under File, Options, Advanced?

Richard

On May 13, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Van Lant, Robin

He means that it should be not checked.  You do not want to edit directly in cells.

[...]

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Marty Hutchings

Have you tried hitting the F2 key to allow editing?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 10:41 AM

Yes… allow editing in cells box is checked…

I'm using Excel 2016, but do you have allow Editing Directly In Cells checked under File, Options, Advanced?

Richard

On May 13, 2019, at 7:06 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Randy Barnett

Hi, Rick. 2010 Is getting old for Office. Have you tried Office 365? If you aren't interested I will remove the license I sent you. but if you want to give it a try and see if your issues go away let me know and I will leave it for a few more days.

On 5/13/2019 7:06 AM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Hi all,

Just noticed that when in Microsoft ExCell, as I add information into a cell, then try to read what I have entered, Jaws not reading. If I attempt to back-space to delete what I know I’ve entered incorrectly, again, Jaws will not read what is being deleted. Any fixes out there with Windows 10, Office 2010 and latest Jaws 2019 version/update? If I move out of the cell and then back into the cell at question, it will then read and only at this time.

Sorry if I am repeating any problems previously submitted…

Rick

Rick Mladek

Hi Randy,

If you are not having these problems and use 365, I’ll buy the software outright for the $99 cost. Thanks for the offer…

Rick

[...]

Oh, let me give this a try. Thank you for clering this up for me…

Rick

[...]

It’s not a matter of pressing F2; there really is a bug.  It’s quite strange.  At home I’m using the latest JAWS 2019 and Excel 2010 and I have this issue and cannot edit directly in the cells.  Here at work I’m on the latest JAWS 2019 (same as at home) and using Excel 2016 with no issues editing in the cells.  Definitely a bug.

[...]

            I am using older versions of Excel and JAWS and have ocasionally hit this situation and I found that I cannot edit a cell if it is not on the screen.  With large spread sheets with lots of rows, JAWS reads rows that are not on the screen and you will not be able to edit them if they are not visible.  Try routing the JAWS curser to the PC curser when the PC curser is in the cell that you are trying to edit.  If you can read the cell contents with the JAWS curser, then Route the PC curser to the JAWS curser when it is in the cell to be edited by hitting Insert and pressing the numpad +.  You should then be able to edit the cell contents by pressing F2 to enter edit mode.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 4:40 PM

[...]

I did uncheck the box indicated. All working.

Thanks all, I do appreciate your  help, once again!

Rick

[...]

Well I don’t use Outlook but I do use word and XL and they work fine for what I do I dinner all kinds of formulas and auto salmon so I haven’t had any issues.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique