Topics

Can you fill down a series in Excel?

Sally Hagarty

Thank you!

Tanguy LOHEAC

Hello

As far as i know, there is no shortcut for this. You need to go through Home ribbon.

Le 10/05/2019 à 17:25, Sally Hagarty a écrit :

In Microsoft Excel, is there a keyboard command to fill down a series, such as day of the week or month? I am not talking about filling down a formula using control D or control R.

That works for formulas, but is not working for a series, such as January, February, March. Thanks in advance.

--
Didactiweb - les formations adaptées aux déficients visuels
Tanguy Lohéac

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Mario

Sally, not knowing which version of Excel (but I don't think it really
matters), try this:

start by typing 1 for cell a1, 2 in a2, and 3 in a3.
then select the cells you want to have the auto fill done, e.g. a1 thru
a10. then you can tell it to auto fill by pressing alt, h, f, i, s.
Shift+Tab to where it says linear and then press up arrow to auto fill
and press enter.

if you want to auto fill in a row, start by typing 1 in a1, 2 in b1, and
3 in c1. select the cells to auto fill, a1 thru j1. press alt, h, f, i,
s, shift tab to linear and up arrow to auto fill, shift tab and up arrow
to row, and press enter.

alternately, strings can be typed instead of numbers in the first 3
cells, monday in a1, tuesday in a2, wednesday in a3, and follow the
steps above.