Topics

comments within a MS Word document

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

I have a Microsoft Word document that is being reviewed with comments added by all parties. I receive this as an attachment and for example, arrowing down, I hit the date line upon the cover page. It tells me comment and the initials of the individual commenting and the number of the comment within the document. For example, Jaws says comment abc1 then the date. Another example is within the table of contents, #10 for example is blah blah blah on page blah blah blah. The beginning of this line, Jaws says comment abc2 then the title of this section and the page number that it is on/in..

How do I find the comments? There is obviously something hidden, the said comment, but how to get jaws to read the comment? Hitting enter does not read it nor is anything seen upon the document, visually that is.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Here you go;

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Home/SiteSearch?sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1

&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&site=default_co

llection&filter=p&q=how+to+read+comments+in+word+with+jaws#main-content-anch

or

[...]

Zel Iscel

Hi Rick,

Try this:

1.            Press Alt R then t followed by d.

2.            Use the up/down arrow keys to find the ‘All markup’ option, then press enter or escape.

3.            You should then be back in the main document.

4.            Press Shift, Control and Apostrophe simultaneously and use your up/down arrows to read the comments. Pressing escape or tabbing to ‘Ok’ should put the focus on where the comment is but you may have to go up and down with the arrow keys to get Jaws to read both the text and comment.

This link has some good info on using screen readers to access comments.

HTH

Zel

[...]

Thank you, got this figured out.

Now, I have received the comment to number the pages of this document on the upper right. Can you give me the steps to accomplish this?

TKS,

Rick

[...]

  1. Press Alt n, then n, then u.
  2. Jaws should say, “Top of page submenu”. Press enter on this.

Then tab to get your options. I believe ‘Plane number 1’ puts numbering on left, ‘Plain number 2’ puts the numbering on the top centre and “plain number 3” places the numbers on the top right.

  1. When you make your choice, press enter and the focus should be back in your main document.

Good luck.

Zel

[...]

No sorry, you have to go into the view menue and choose the view you want, to get out of the header and footer view. I like the Draft View which is Alt w, then e.

Cheers again

Zel

[...]

Thanks, this was what was hanging me up. Now, will jaws read the page number when these are placed?

[...]

Mario

you forgot the link.

[...]

I’m not sure, actually. Let us know if you try it out.