jaws ocr voice

Juan Hernandez

HI All,

How can I change the settings for the voice that is used when using the Jaws OCR functions?  It drives me nuts when I ocr something and the voice is so weird.

Best,

Juan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Juan. To change the OCR voice (which is an alias),

1. Press JAWS key plus six on the numbers row (not the NumPad) to open JAWS Settings Center.

2. Load the default JAWS configuration file by pressing CONTROL plus SHIFT plus the letter D.

3. Arrow down to Voice Aliases, and press Right Arrow to open.

4. Arrow down to Customize Voice Aliases, and press SPACE to open.

5. Arrow down to OCR Voice Rocko.

6. TAB twice to modify, and press SPACE.

7. Modify pitch and speed as desired.

Remember, though, that if you make the pitch and speed too much like the default Eloquence voice, you won’t know if you move out of the OCR back into the regular screen windows.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...