Office 365 and Word

Justin Mcdevitt

Hello List-members,

I just purchased a one-device annual subscription to Office 365 and I notice the Spell-check works differently in Word than is typical of how it operates with Word in the traditional Microsoft Office Suite. In Microsoft Office, after activating Spell-check, any spelling errors were presented immediately and were easily correctable, as is also the case with Outlook.  

Office 365 appears to be busier, where different spelling variations of the word are presented and the real error is not presented right away. There is also more tabbing to find the place to select the correct spelling of the word. I’m not explaining this issue very clearly. Have others using 365 noticed this issue?

Best, Justin

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Justin;

Did you install the office programs to your computer.

They need to be installed then you should not have those issues.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: May 6, 2019 5:39
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Office 365 and Word

Hello List-members,

I just purchased a one-device annual subscription to Office 365 and I notice the Spell-check works differently in Word than is typical of how it operates with Word in the traditional Microsoft Office Suite. In Microsoft Office, after activating Spell-check, any spelling errors were presented immediately and were easily correctable, as is also the case with Outlook.  

Office 365 appears to be busier, where different spelling variations of the word are presented and the real error is not presented right away. There is also more tabbing to find the place to select the correct spelling of the word. I’m not explaining this issue very clearly. Have others using 365 noticed this issue?

Best, Justin

Van Lant, Robin

Justin,

What version of Word were you using last? That last person who replied to you may well be right that you need to be sure you’ve installed the Word app to your computer, but also know that the interface for Word’s spell checker changed.  In Word 2016, F7 now opens a pane on the right side where you interact.  There has definitely been some chatter on these JAWS lists over various methods for spell checking.  There are some JAWS webinars on using Word 365 that you may find helpful and I’m sure they cover this topic.  The Outlook spell check window is still the old style.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 6:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Office 365 and Word

Hello List-members,

Best, Justin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.