Online services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

cédric Paulet

Good morning,

I use Sendspace. It’s accessible with screen readers. But it’s very expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello there:

I also use SendSpace. The problem with SendSpace, unless you sign up for a paid account, the largest file you can upload is 300 MB.

With my Dropbox free account, I have 2 GB, without any upload or download limit, except for the 2 GB maximum.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

I have a paid sendspace account. The wizard is terrific. Not sure if they
have phone apps 9I think they might) but I don't use such things generally
so it doesn't matter much. I have the option in my context menu in File
Explorer to upload files to sendspace and I use it all the time to exchange
stuff with bandmates and people in my film group and others, as well as
having a repository of a bunch of useful stuff on file remotely for when I
need it. The wizard can be downloaded onto any computer (though it only
works for those who have accounts and maybe only paid accounts at that) and
you can easily upload and download files with a single keystroke. Pretty
good.

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dennis Brown

What is the price for a paid account?

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

I think there are different payment methods and it might be cheaper if you
pay a lump sum for a year or two or something, however I believe I am paying
$10 a month at the moment.

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Curtis Delzer

that is, when SS works! They have intermittent issues no doubt and I am a fully paid up-to-date version of the wizard and account. Like right now, I cannot log on at all, and who knows when I'll be able too.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 5/6/2019 9:17 AM, JM Casey wrote:
[...]

Really? I have never had any issues. I'm logged in right now and have logged in and out at least three times already today. Strange.

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Curtis Delzer

you are extremely fortunate, must be my part of the country, and I can get on some, but not now. :)

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 5/6/2019 11:29 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Really? I have never had any issues. I'm logged in right now and have logged in and out at least three times already today. Strange.

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

Yeah, the only issue I have is that sometimes it's a little slow to upload. I only remember experiencing a service disruption once a year or more ago. I wonder how the server distribution works?

De : main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> De la part de Dave
Durber Envoyé : lundi 6 mai 2019 11:41 À : main@jfw.groups.io Objet :
Online services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen
readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Curtis Delzer

I believe that files are broken up and put together as we download them, and parts of all files are stored on individual servers grouped together depending on which files are downloaded. Splitting files also sometimes makes for faster average downloads, but when issues happen such as SS has had recently, things just don't come together.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

De : main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> De la part de Dave
Durber Envoyé : lundi 6 mai 2019 11:41 À : main@jfw.groups.io Objet :
Online services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen
readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

I think you're right; I have seen the bits of files that result from ana borted or paused transfer.

Still odd that some experience regular service disruptions while others don't.

De : main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> De la part de Dave
Durber Envoyé : lundi 6 mai 2019 11:41 À : main@jfw.groups.io Objet :
Online services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen
readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and
Microsoft's OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Mich Verrier

For a year I think it is around 95 usd but as others have said it is well
werth the price. From Mich.

I use Sendspace. It's accessible with screen readers. But it's very
expensive.

I use Pcloud, accessible with Jaws and other screen readers.

services like Dropbox, which are more accessible to screen readers

Hello everyone:

What other online services like Dropbox, are users on the list using?

I am not interested in services such as, Google Drive and Microsoft's
OneDrive!

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Curtis Delzer

I use to think so about send space, have had an account with them for 11 years or so, maybe longer actually, but now if I connect with the wizard once a day, it if fortunate. I don't know where the inconsistency lies, but I do know it is my equipment nor the internet connection which is stable according to all other services I use through Spectrum, so if you use Spectrum, you may find a way to see if SS works from your area and if it does, right on, it is a great service, but not for me, now, unfortunately.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA