Certain web-based applications not working with Jaws 18

Kimber Gardner

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Michael Mote

Is there anyway I could see the site in question, so I could test it on this end to see if it's just your version of JAWS or if it is acting consistently on other computers as well?

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Paul Sandoval

Kimber,

I am curious what the name of the application is called?
I have a client that this may directly effect.
Thank you.

On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:21 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Tom Lange

Hi,
I have seen similar behavior with an application called e-time, which I use at work for punching in and out, checking my time cards, et cetera. It worked fine with Jaws 17 but Jaws 18 was a problem. Try this procedure and see if it works; it did for me.
1) Go into settings center using insert+v.
2) In the search box" type "link activation".
3) In the search results, find "link activation".
4) Press the space bar once to change the setting from "enter simulates mouse click" to "enter presses Enter key", or something to that effect.
5) Tab to OK and press Enter to exit settings center.
6) Re-test the application; if it doesn't fix the issue, restart Jaws & re-test.

Hope this helps.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone 7

On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:11 AM, Paul Sandoval <ps8001@...> wrote:

Kimber,

I am curious what the name of the application is called?
I have a client that this may directly effect.
Thank you.

On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:21 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You should immediately let Freedom Scientific know about this.

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

It's called VA time and attendance, VATAS.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Nov 18, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Paul Sandoval <ps8001@...> wrote:

[...]

I don't think so because it's a secure application internal to VA.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Nov 18, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@...> wrote:

Is there anyway I could see the site in question, so I could test it on this end to see if it's just your version of JAWS or if it is acting consistently on other computers as well?

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Brent Harding

For my work, we use Kronos, and lucky for me, they have the lite version available for my machine where I go to get into it, otherwise that's one whose regular interface uses a lot of flash which gets unpredictable to where it will go in the activities section that we don't use instead of letting me punch in, and I wouldn't be able to approve easily. I can't see how much vacation I've earned with the lite one, but at least I don't have to create additional lost time or artificial lateness when help can take a long time to arrive.

[...]

Ricardo Teodoro

Jaws is not useful as it was in the past. Nvda and even narrator is much better nowadays.

Is there anyway I could see the site in question, so I could test it on this end to see if it's just your version of JAWS or if it is acting consistently on other computers as well?

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

Kimber Gardner

Tom,

Thanks for this suggestion. I made the setting change and now all is
working as before

Kimber.

wrote:

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Robert Logue

Hi Kimberly.

Question: Can you activate the links using the Jaws list links command

I've found some web pages with Firefox where tabbing to the link and pressing enter or left clicking with the Jaws mouse command does not work since updating to Jaws 18.
Right click on a link and see if you get link commands or if you get other navigation choices such as back and forward.

Don't know if it is related to Jaws or Firefox updates. Have not tested with IE.

Bob

On 11/18/2016 8:21 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Kimber Gardner

No, not without changing the activate links setting in quick settings.
Once I changed that setting everything worked fine, at least in the
application I posted about. I have some other issues with version 18,
but that's for another post.