Topics

Searching for accessible VPN services

Sameer

Dear List friends,

I am searching for JAWS-accessible VPN services for accessing websites which have been geotagged to be inaccessible outside their home country.

Kindly inform me of any such VPN services. The VPN services can be either paid or free.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mulund, Mumbai

Edward Green

Hi Sameer,

As well as using individual VPN clients which would need to be accessible with JAWS, it's possible to set up VPN connections manually in Windows. The advantage of this is that you can use any VPN service which makes its settings visible, you aren't restricted to ones with accessible clients and you don't have to worry about the client inadvertently being made inaccessible via an update.

While it's slightly more complicated to set up this way, it's no more complicated than manually configuring an email account.

As for which service to use, I use Hide My Ass though no doubt others will have their own recommendations.

Cheers,

Ed

On 1 May 2019, at 07:39, Sameer <salatey@...> wrote:

Dear List friends,

I am searching for JAWS-accessible VPN services for accessing websites which have been geotagged to be inaccessible outside their home country.

Kindly inform me of any such VPN services. The VPN services can be either paid or free.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mulund, Mumbai

Hope Williamson <ladyhope@...>

You could also use Open VPN as well, if the service supports it. I plan to try this int the near future, as I can't decide which of the many VPN services to try lol.

Jaffar Sidek

www.nordevpn.com is a good choice.  I am subscribed to a 3 year plan which costs a little more than $80.  It has a choice of about 1000 plus servers located all round the world, and the service itself is excellent.  Cheers!

On 5/1/2019 2:39 PM, Sameer wrote:

Dear List friends,

I am searching for JAWS-accessible VPN services for accessing websites which have been geotagged to be inaccessible outside their home country.

Kindly inform me of any such VPN services. The VPN services can be either paid or free.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mulund, Mumbai

Jaffar Sidek

Or you could use Open VPN which is an open source vpn client for windows.  It's free and all you need do is to download the vpn server's .opvpn files, put them in the Open VPN's config folder and away you go.  Cheers!