in JAWS cursor, what do these keystrokes do?

Van Lant, Robin

Hi,

I was going through a big document of JAWS commands and help tips I’ve created during my transition to JAWS.  IN a list of laptop keyboard commands for using the various cursors, I found the following.  I cannot figure out the difference between these and just using the arrow keys without the mentioned shift and alt keys.  In fact, just using the arrows produces what I would expect, while these commands below seem to give either less info or less reliable info.  Any experienced JAWS cursor users know if there is a distinction?

Mouse Down ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Mouse Left ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

‘Mouse Right ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Mouse Up ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

JM Casey

Not totally sure, but I think the key is in exactly what it says – this moves the mouse pointer, but doesn’t give feedback. I suppose this might be useful if you want to move the mouse pointer in small increments when JAWS is just saying “blank, blank, blank”, but it’s anyone’s guess how much the mouse pointer is actually working. I guess one just has to experiment with it.

[...]

Ben Humphreys <brhbrhbrh@...>

Yes, they move the mouse (JAWS) cursor.

You can speak the current coordinates with Alt+Del

Ben

At 04:28 PM 4/29/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 | <http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

send an e-mail to <mailto:DNERequests@key.com>mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

JM Casey

Ah that's helpful.
In pixels, is it?

I was going through a big document of JAWS commands and help tips I've
created during my transition to JAWS. IN a list of laptop keyboard
commands for using the various cursors, I found the following. I
cannot figure out the difference between these and just using the arrow
keys without the mentioned shift and alt keys. In fact, just using the
arrows produces what I would expect, while these commands below seem to
give either less info or less reliable info. Any experienced JAWS
cursor users know if there is a distinction?

Mouse Down ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active) Mouse
Left ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active) 'Mouse Right
ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active) Mouse Up
ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management
Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060
| <http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>www.keyequipmentfinance.com

information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If
you received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether
electronic or hard copy.
This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about
consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information
for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are
receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

services from Key send an e-mail to
<mailto:DNERequests@key.com>mailto:DNERequests@key.com
with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Steve Nutt

Yes, they move the mouse by a small number of pixels.

All the best

Steve

[...]

And someone else said, you can get the coordinates after each movement with insert-delete.

Probably only somewhat useful to some of us, but definitely a good thing that it’s available.

[...]

Wow, it must be a very small amoun.  Thanks.  I can’t envision I’ll use those keystrokes, but glad to know what they do.  Maybe there are times when you need to make a very slight adjustment to get focus on something.

[...]

Steve Matzura

The amount of movement can be adjusted from I think it's three to six pixels.