From: Elise Berkley [mailto:bravaegf711@gmail.com]
To: jfw@groups.io
Date: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 9:52 AM
Subject: Classic Control Panel View - Windows 10

Hello, all.
I have not been on the list in a while, but I am definitely starting
again. I cannot, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to change
my control panel to classic view. I hate the view I am in now. I
appreciate the help.
Elise Berkley, Merced, Ca.

.

I am presuming you're probably in the Category view of Control Panel, which has been the default for some time now, and wish to change back to either small icons or large icons.   I always use small icons because I like to see all of the control panel items at one time, but with a screen reader it's probably irrelevant since you can search in either the large icons or small icons view to get to a specific item in control panel.

Upon opening Control Panel, a single SHIFT+TAB takes me to the dropdown where you can choose your view:  Category, Small Icons, or Large Icons.  I'd suggest trying that, and giving the small or large icons view a try to see which you prefer.   I personally despise the Category view and always have.  It gets switched the first time I have to use Control Panel on any machine I touch.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Rick Mladek

I followed your directions and yes, the first worked as indicated. Once in the control panel, shift tab does not bring you to a category button but small icons choice...

From: Elise Berkley [mailto:bravaegf711@gmail.com]
To: jfw@groups.io
Date: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 9:52 AM

Hello, all.
I have not been on the list in a while, but I am definitely starting again. I cannot, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to change my control panel to classic view. I hate the view I am in now. I appreciate the help.
Elise Berkley, Merced, Ca.

.

Mario

in that case, the control panel should already be in classic view using
small icons.

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Once in the control panel, shift tab does not bring you to a category button but small icons choice...
SHIFT+TAB takes you to the View By dropdown, which will be in one of three states:  Category, Small Icons, Large Icons.

If it's either one of the "Icons" views it's already in "the classic" look and feel, the only difference being how much screen real estate the individual control panel item icons take up.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Elise Berkley

Thank everyone for the help. Got it!