Minitool Partition Wizard: Can it be Made Accessible?

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm trying out Minitool Partition Wizard, and it only seems to be somewhat accessible. The only part I can't seem to access is the list of disk drives. If anyone can tell me what is the best software for converting disk partitions without loss of data (formatting the disk), I would kindly appreciate it. What I know is, Minitool Partition Wizard can convert FAT32, Exfat, HFS, and NTFS between each other, as well as Convert MBR to GPT and Vice Versa. http://www.minitool.com

Annabelle,

           Can you please describe what, exactly, it is that you're trying to accomplish in this case?   That can be very helpful in formulating an approach.

           There are all sorts of differences in what needs to happen depending on if you're extending an existing partition into unallocated space that's one thing, if you need to rearrange partitions in order to shrink or expand it gets (or can get) a lot more complicated.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Annabelle Susan Morison

What I'm actually trying to do is make an external hard drive of 3.63 TB with a GPT disk Partition work on my older machines so I can back up the information from my older machine onto the new hard drive. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but in order to make a hard drive work on both new and old machines, it has to have a status of MBR, since GPT only seems to work on new machines with Windows 7 and above.

           Can you please describe what, exactly, it is that you're trying to accomplish in this case?   That can be very helpful in formulating an approach.

           There are all sorts of differences in what needs to happen depending on if you're extending an existing partition into unallocated space that's one thing, if you need to rearrange partitions in order to shrink or expand it gets (or can get) a lot more complicated.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Annabelle,

           You would be correct about the MBR/GPT issue if this were being used as the system disc from which you're going to boot, but it's completely irrelevant when it comes to external storage like a backup drive, since you don't boot from a backup drive.  It should be plug n' play on your machines (at least Win7, XP is so far back I don't even know how it will deal with drivers for external USB storage).   And I suggest you do just that, plug it in and try to copy a single file to and from the drive.  If you can do that, you're golden for your intended use.

           ~ Bertrand Russell