How to edit Outlook 2016 address autocompletion list

Delaunay Christophe

Hi all,

I’m using Jaws 2019 on a windows7-64 based computer.

Does anyone know whether there is an accessible way to remove old, (obsolete), addresses from the Outlook 2016 autocompletion list please?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris D

A Google search for “How to remove addresses from Outlook auto complete” gave me this:

To remove a single name or email address from Outlook's autocomplete list

1. Create a new email message in Outlook .

2. Start typing the name or address  you want to remove .

3. Use the down arrow key to highlight the undesired entry.

4 Press Del. on your keyboard.

You can also completely clear auto-complete:

Select File > Options, keyboard shortcut is Alt + F followed by T

Go to the Mail tab

Tab a lot until  you get to “Empty Auto-Complete List Button” or press Alt + E 3 times

Activate the button and confirm.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to edit Outlook 2016 address autocompletion list

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether there is an accessible way to remove old, (obsolete), addresses from the Outlook 2016 autocompletion list please?

Hi Christoph,

I just tested these steps I got from google and should have done so before because so far at least this does not seem to work when Jaws is running.

I’ll check into it a bit more later when I can ask one of my sighted employees to do this first without Jaws and make it works as advertised and then I’ll see if I can figure out a way to do it with Jaws.

Of course clearing all entries in File > Options is no problem, but it may not be what you want.

Hi all,

Van Lant, Robin

It does seem that the interface with autocomplete options in Outlook 2016 has changed in recent months.  I can no longer get the arrowing up and down aspect to work as before, so that means you can’t get focus to delete as I can still in Outlook 2010 at home.  I think it’s an Outlook thing, because I’m running  the December release of JAWS with Outlook 2016 and the newest release of JAWS at home with Outlook 2010 and have no issues with autocomplete options there.  It’s caused some frustration for me hree at work with autocomplete. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: How to edit Outlook 2016 address autocompletion list

Hi Christoph,

I just tested these steps I got from google and should have done so before because so far at least this does not seem to work when Jaws is running.

I’ll check into it a bit more later when I can ask one of my sighted employees to do this first without Jaws and make it works as advertised and then I’ll see if I can figure out a way to do it with Jaws.

Of course clearing all entries in File > Options is no problem, but it may not be what you want.

Hi all,

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.