Jaws not talking when tabing through the network section

Maria Reyes

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Richard Turner

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.
Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by “Network area”? I just went to Settings > Network and Internet” and Jaws reads many things when tabbing through these different categories although I am using Jaws 2019.

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Maria Reyes

Go over to your system tray then arrow to where jaws says your network name and press enter and try to tab around the screen. Jaws 2018 will not say anything unless I turn narrator

On Apr 14, 2019, at 4:43 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by “Network area”? I just went to Settings > Network and Internet” and Jaws reads many things when tabbing through these different categories although I am using Jaws 2019.

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Here is what I get if I go to the System Tray with Jaws Key + F11, then to my Wi-Fi network which is called SJR and then activate with a left double click (the trick is that you have to take advantage of the Jaws options Left Single Click, Right Single Click and Left Double Click, enter does not work here, but that is why these options exist:

List box
SJR Connected, secured Signal 4 out of four bars 1 of 17 – here I can arrow down through the list of WiFi networks in range

If I tab I get the following:

Properties Link 1 of 1 – tab again

Disconnect Button 1 of 1 – tab again

Network & Internet settings Link – tab again

Wi-Fi Button checked – tab again

Airplane mode Button not checked – tab again

Mobile hotspot Button not checked – tab again

Network & Internet settings Link - if I keep tabbing from here the sequence from Wi-Fi button to Network and Internet Setting repeats.

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

Ok. That's what I get when using Narrator. How do I left and right click?

On Apr 14, 2019, at 8:02 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Here is what I get if I go to the System Tray with Jaws Key + F11, then to my Wi-Fi network which is called SJR and then activate with a left double click (the trick is that you have to take advantage of the Jaws options Left Single Click, Right Single Click and Left Double Click, enter does not work here, but that is why these options exist:

List box
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Maria. All you need to do to get the options is, when you use JAWS key plus F11, don’t press ENTER. Just TAB, and JAWS will say in order:

Right Single Click  Button

To activate press spacebar.

alt+R

Left Single Click  Button

To activate press spacebar.

alt+L

Left Double Click  Button

To activate press spacebar.

alt+D

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Ok but why is there 2 key commands to left click? I'm using a lenovo laptop so I don't have a physical mouse.

On Apr 14, 2019, at 11:53 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

[...]

There are two commands for each of the options, in case one wants to use a key command, rather than just using the space bar.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

ALT plus R = Right Click

ALT plus L = Left Click

ALT plus D = Left Double Click

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Go over to your system tray then arrow to where jaws says your network name and press enter and try to tab around the screen. Jaws 2018 will not say anything unless I turn narrator

On Apr 14, 2019, at 4:43 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by “Network area”? I just went to Settings > Network and Internet” and Jaws reads many things when tabbing through these different categories although I am using Jaws 2019.

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Apart from the shortcuts, Alt + L, Alt + R and Alt + D you can just use Jaws Key + F111 and arrow to your Wi-Fi, then tab. Sorry if I didn’t specify this, I assumed you knew about this and that there are these options in addition to just pressing enter which doesn’t always work.

Go over to your system tray then arrow to where jaws says your network name and press enter and try to tab around the screen. Jaws 2018 will not say anything unless I turn narrator

On Apr 14, 2019, at 4:43 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by “Network area”? I just went to Settings > Network and Internet” and Jaws reads many things when tabbing through these different categories although I am using Jaws 2019.

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Steve Nutt

Hi,

It’s all working well for me with JAWS 2019.

All the best

Steve

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Again, working for me.  I went to the JFW system tray list with JAWS Key and F11, then selected my network, pressed enter, and got Troubleshooting, or Open Network Sharing etc.  Everything speaks fine.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Notice the hotkeys as well.  So I simply press Alt R to right click it, and get the options.

All the best

Steve

Go over to your system tray then arrow to where jaws says your network name and press enter and try to tab around the screen. Jaws 2018 will not say anything unless I turn narrator

On Apr 14, 2019, at 4:43 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by “Network area”? I just went to Settings > Network and Internet” and Jaws reads many things when tabbing through these different categories although I am using Jaws 2019.

Yes, a good example of where one needs to launch Narrator since Jaws through 2019 seem to be mostly useless in there.

Richard

On Apr 13, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Maria Reyes <mgreyes901@...> wrote:

Hi I am using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. When I tab around the network area Jaws doesn't say anything. I just hear tab tab tab. Is this fixable or is this a bug?

Yes, enter may give you these two options, but selecting the “left double click” option let’s you easily choose a Wi-Fi network if you are at a hotel or somewhere else without ever having to open Network Settings.

[...]

Yes, that’s right too.

All the best

Steve