Jaws 2019 announcing cropped text in Excel 2016

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do
this, and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this
feature, but I can't find the setting, if it exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

Ann Byrne

Go to quick settings, insert+v; search for
Text Visibility Detection

At 04:16 PM 4/9/2019, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do
this, and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this
feature, but I can't find the setting, if it exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk

 Hi Ann,

This is perfect!

I never would have searched for that text!

Thanks so much,

Russell

At 04:16 PM 4/9/2019, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
>2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do
>this, and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this
>feature, but I can't find the setting, if it exists.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell

Rick Mladek

Hi,

I've opened up MS Excel and did the insert +V and then proceeded to go
through the list, searching for:
Text Visibility Detection

I found nothing. Where is this hidden?

Rick

04:16 PM 4/9/2019, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do this,
and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this feature, but
I can't find the setting, if it exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

Ann Byrne

When you get into quick settings there is a search box. I can never remember the exact wording, so I type "vis" into the search box, and the only result is cell text visibility.

Arrowing through the choices, it is under
\Excel Settings\Workbook, Worksheet and Region Settings

04:16 PM 4/9/2019, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do this,
and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this feature, but
I can't find the setting, if it exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

Van Lant, Robin

Rick,
Doing the search will be faster, but I do see it listed under something like Workbook & Region Settings, then under Cell Formatting.

04:16 PM 4/9/2019, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to have Jaws 2019 announce when text in a cell in Excel
2016 overflows the cell, or is "cropped"? I know that NVDA can do this,
and someone told me that Jaws has a setting to enable this feature, but
I can't find the setting, if it exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell