Topics

need steps to create keyboardshortcut forGoogle Chrome

David Pearson

Hello list:

Using Dell desktop pc(Windows7), and need to create shortcut for Google Chrome which has mysteriously disappeared somewhere along the way.

I can get to my desktop, and arrow to Chrome, but need the following steps to create the shortcut.

Thanks in advance,

David S. Pearson

Mario

press the windows key and start typing chrome.
once you hear google chrome, press the application key or shift+f10,
down arrow to and enter on send to or just press n,
down arrow to and press enter on desktop or press d and enter.
shortcut should be on the desktop.

hope this is what you wanted.

Using Dell desktop pc(Windows7), and need to create shortcut for Google
Chrome which has mysteriously disappeared somewhere along the way.

I can get to my desktop, and arrow to Chrome, but need the following
steps to create the shortcut.

Thanks in advance,

David S. Pearson

.

Presuming you mean a keyboard shortcut to invoke Chrome:

1. Gain focus on the Chrome Shortcut.
2. Bring up the context menu, choose Properties.
3. Navigate to Shortcut key box, then hold down CTRL or ALT (which will give you CTRL+ALT as the start of the shortcut, no matter which you are holding), and follow with the character you wish to use in conjunction with CTRL+ALT for the shortcut.

The fast way through all but the selection of the character is once the context menu is up, hit R (Properties) followed by ALT+K (jump to shortcut key edit box), then pick up at "hold down CTRL or ALT . . ."

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Shankar C

Hi,
there are couple of alternatives availabel but, I wish to recommend
the below method.
1. in the start search, type chrome and open the context menu.
2. click on the open file location.
3. see the file type for the chrome.
4. if the file type is shortcut, just copy to the desktop.
if not, open the chrome context menu and click on sent to submenu and
click on create shortcut [desktop].
this may help.

On 4/8/19, David Pearson <dshawnpearson@...> wrote:
Hello list:

Using Dell desktop pc(Windows7), and need to create shortcut for Google
Chrome which has mysteriously disappeared somewhere along the way.

I can get to my desktop, and arrow to Chrome, but need the following steps
to create the shortcut.

Thanks in advance,

David S. Pearson

----------
email: harshalgips@...
msn: harshalgips@...
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

I put Google Chrome as the first app on the taskbar and this way I can get to it from anywhere with the shortcut Windows Key + 1.
If I want to go to one of the last few visited websites I can press Windows Key + Alt + 1 to bring up the jump list for Chrome and down arrow through a list of the last sites I visited, you can determine how many items show in the jumplist although I can't remember right now where that setting is.
You can also open another instance of an application by pressing Windows Key + Shift + whatever number of the number row corresponds to the program you want.

[...]

Randy Barnett

alt + enter goes to the propperties for most things in windows. Also you just type the letter you want to use as the alt + ctrl is already there and cant be altered.
Highlight your shortcut, press alt + enter then tab to the shortcut field then press a key that you want to use with the ctrl + alt combo. I use C. So to start Chrome I press ctrl + alt + C. then tab to ok.
You can use any key not just letters. For example: Up arrow grov or 1.

On 4/7/2019 4:38 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Presuming you mean a keyboard shortcut to invoke Chrome:

1. Gain focus on the Chrome Shortcut.
2. Bring up the context menu, choose Properties.
3. Navigate to Shortcut key box, then hold down CTRL or ALT (which will give you CTRL+ALT as the start of the shortcut, no matter which you are holding), and follow with the character you wish to use in conjunction with CTRL+ALT for the shortcut.

The fast way through all but the selection of the character is once the context menu is up, hit R (Properties) followed by ALT+K (jump to shortcut key edit box), then pick up at "hold down CTRL or ALT . . ."

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Shankar C

bro, thanks for the trick. you can find the jumplist setting under the
Personalization

On 4/8/19, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...> wrote:
[...]

*/The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional
morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one
person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.
Everybody knows that this is untrue. . ./*

           ~ Bertrand Russell

email: harshalgips@...
msn: harshalgips@...
skype: shankar.a