Topics

Enable Editing button in a protected spread sheet

John Doering

Good morning:

I am using Windows 10 and Excel 2013.

Can anyone tell me where the Enable Editing button would be on a protected spread sheet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John Doering

Pricing Analyst

p. 4147783040 Extn:4063  t. 800-642-8778

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

george b

If it has ribbons, press alt h o and arrow down to unprotect and hit enter

[...]

Thanks, but that is not it.  That button says not available.

I am looking for the Enable Editing button.

Regards,

[...]

Rick Mladek

Hi John,

Try alt +f and then tab to and hit enter on the info button. Tab down to enable editing and hit enter. This should hopefully be the answer to your dilemma.

Rick

[...]

Found it, thanks for the assist Rick.

[...]

What you described and were looking for is not strictly speaking the button to unprotect a spreadsheet which was protected. A spreadsheet can be protected or certain cells can be protected with or without a password and that is the option which was described under the Home tab.

What you were looking for, the Enable Editing, is simply a way to safeguard against potential issues which can arise from spreadsheets you get via email, you can also enable editing by pressing F12 and saving them first, this will prompt you to enable saving and after doing that you can also edit the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Try "f6"