amazon research it broken in jaws 2019?

dennis

thanks a tun.

On 3/31/2019 9:53 AM, empacc.net wrote:
hi:

vispero is aware of the problem.

as to whether they can or will fix it, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Howard Wolcott

Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 8:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: amazon research it broken in jaws 2019?

anyone else having the problem of amazon research it not working. it also doesn't work in any other version of jaws that i have wich would be 16, 2018 and 2019. haven't heard any conversation about this at all. is it just me?

--
Dennis Cornelison

Virus-free. www.avast.com
--
Dennis Cornelison

Gerald Levy

At least three Research It options are currently broken: Amazon, UPS and Weather.  Every time one of the web sites that Research It uses to obtain its information changes, Research It gets broken.  It really is a waste of Vispero's resources to try to keep it working, and maybe its time for them to ditch it once and for all.  Sure, Research It is a nice convenience.  But it is just as easy to obtain the same information directly from the appropriate web sites.  Amazon never stops tinkering with its web site, and it is unreasonable to expect Vispero to keep up with them.  And the Braille Wunderground page, which Research It used to obtain weather information is apparently gone for good, yet another headache for the tech staff at Vispero to deal with.  So learn how to use your favorite search engine and stop relying so much on Research It. If anyone needs help obtaining the information they need that they can no longer obtain from Research It, just holler. 

Gerald

On 3/31/2019 9:43 AM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

I have JAWS 2018, and it doesn’t work for me, either.

Shirley Tracy

anyone else having the problem of amazon research it not working. it also doesn't work in any other version of jaws that i have wich would be 16, 2018 and 2019. haven't heard any conversation about this at all. is it just me?

--
Dennis Cornelison

empacc.net

hi:

vispero is aware of the problem.

as to whether they can or will fix it, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Howard Wolcott

--
Dennis Cornelison

Tim Ford

In my direct experience, the JAWS folks have a very lax attitude towards fixing broken Research-It links.  The weather feature broke 2-3 JAWS versions ago, I reported the problem 3 times, and it is still broken.  I do not understand their delay in fixing what I believe are popular features.  The weather feature was my favorite. 

JAWS could push down a very small update that deals only with the Research-It issues.

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: amazon research it broken in jaws 2019?

I never used it, so I never knew it was broken.  Someone should report the problem.

On 3/31/2019 08:43, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Shirley Tracy

--
Dennis Cornelison

Chris Hill

I never used it, so I never knew it was broken.  Someone should report the problem.

On 3/31/2019 08:43, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Shirley Tracy

--
Dennis Cornelison

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

--
Dennis Cornelison

dennis

--
Dennis Cornelison