Topics

Saving or converting word files to daisy files

ann

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to save or convert Word documents as daisy files? I have tried the add in, but this no longer works with the latest version of Word.

Thanks,

~Ann

Mike B

Hi Ann,

Have you tried with Openbook?  I know you can convert text files to audio but, I don't know if Daisy is an option.

Does anyone know of a way to save or convert Word documents as daisy
files? I have tried the add in, but this no longer works with the latest
version of Word.

Thanks,

~Ann

david

found the following with a google search.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-the-save-as-daisy-add-in-for-word-0dafec98-d478-479e-a4f2-dd22d2ef6d22

The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a dream.

Does anyone know of a way to save or convert Word documents as daisy
files? I have tried the add in, but this no longer works with the latest
version of Word.

Thanks,

~Ann

ann

Hi,

Thanks for doing a Google search. I also did that, and found that URL, but the Add in they talk about won't even install on my system. I don't think it works with the latest Office 365 version of Word.

~Ann

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 12:35 PM, david wrote:
found the following with a google search.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-the-save-as-daisy-add-in-for-word-0dafec98-d478-479e-a4f2-dd22d2ef6d22

The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a dream.

Does anyone know of a way to save or convert Word documents as daisy
files? I have tried the add in, but this no longer works with the latest
version of Word.

Thanks,

~Ann

ann

Hi,

I don't have Openbook, but that's a good sugggestion.

I do have K1000, and I'll try that out. It would be nice to be able to do it from inside Word, but it doesn't look like that's possible with the newest versions of Word.

~Ann