Another Outlook E-mail Group Question

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

In light of the problems I am having with regard to effectively navigating and editing an e-mail group, I got some assistance, and have now created the group I need.

However, in creating the group, the group accidentally got saved to the wrong Outlook contacts folder.

Does anyone know how to move an e-mail group from one contacts folder to another?

I have tried the standard copy and paste method, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

Any help would be appreciated.

On a related note, I’m going to call Freedom Scientific and possibly the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline about the ongoing problem with navigating e-mail group lists with Jaws, and will let the list  know if I find out anything of major importance.

Once again, for the record, I’m using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and the latest build of Jaws 2019 here.

Thanks, all!

Tom Behler

Tom,

       Just as an idea, you might want to consider maintaining your lists external to Outlook itself.  You can export and import contact lists to Excel CSV format, and it might be easier to make changes to the Excel file, delete the existing list in Outlook, and import the revisions.  I have not tried this end-to-end but it should be simple enough to do a test case to see if it's viable.  I did export just a Contact Group this afternoon, and the initial text file could be edited, too, but since the fields are tab separated there's a much higher risk for screwing things up, so doing the conversion to Excel makes things a bit more foolproof.

       See:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Export-contacts-from-Outlook-10f09abd-643c-4495-bb80-543714eca73f

       Contact Groups are, in actuality, a view of existing contacts, not a separate copy of those contacts.  I'm not quite sure how one can relocate them, at least not without additional details.

Tom Behler

Thanks, Brian.

Will continue to work on things here.

I can always keep the group list in the other folder if needed.

Then, all I have to do is remember that it’s there!  (LOL)

Tom Behler