From: "Morey Worthington" <worthington@...>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2019 20:39
Subject: Winamp Question if allowed to ask

Hi all. A little Winamp question...

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

JM Casey

Not that I know of, but now that it's been asked, I am looking into it.
However if you hold that right or left arrow down (as opposed to just
pressing it over and over again) it will rewind or fast forward very quickly
indeed, or at least it should.
To get to something like the end of the track, I usually use the "jump to
time" command. Of course, doing this means you sort of need to at least be
able to estimate when the track ends, or to look at the total time, which is
usually shown in the playlist editor.

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

JM Casey

Hi.

Looks like you might need to download a winamp plugin to increase the
deefault duration of the skip forward/back keypresses, do this, but it can
be done.
However, most winamp plugins now are really old. A lot of them can still be
found though. Trys earching for a plugin called "repeater". Looks like it
will do it, but the last posts about it I found are from 2005, after a quick
search.

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Morey Worthington

Thanks all for responses. Will check them all out. I was just using the arrow key and was thinking about it, thanks again all.

Morey

dennis

you can jump to 5 seconds before the end of a track by pressing alt plus r.

--
Dennis Cornelison

JM Casey

Ah, neat!

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

--
Dennis Cornelison

Morey Worthington

Nicely done.

Appreciate it.

Morey

Mario

the command is pressing the letter j while the track/file is playing.
number of minutes:seconds. everytime you want to use the jump to time,
it starts from the beginning (00:00).

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

.

Marty Hutchings

When I pressed the letter J while playing a song, I was put into an Edit field. JAWS said, "Edit Text." What would I type here?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

the command is pressing the letter j while the track/file is playing.
number of minutes:seconds. everytime you want to use the jump to time,
it starts from the beginning (00:00).

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

.

Marty Hutchings

Another question if I may sence I am using Winamp with JAWS. Is there another way to jump to a specific song in a very long play list besides using the Down Arrow? It would be nice if I could type the first letter of the song title and be taken to those songs starting with that letter, or the first letter of the artest depending on how the files are named.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

the command is pressing the letter j while the track/file is playing.
number of minutes:seconds. everytime you want to use the jump to time,
it starts from the beginning (00:00).

Pressing that right arrow quickly multiple times will move ahead quickly,
but not sure if there is a way to make the jumps larger.

Dave

While playing a track in Winamp, if I want to move it ahead while
playing, I press the right arrow key and it moves it ahead a very little
amount, like 5 or so seconds. Is there some setting where I can make it
move ahead by a greater amount of time, and or, move the pointer as it
were to the end of a song?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

.

Mario

you'd type the number of minutes followed by a colon followed by the
number of seconds, and press enter.
if the amount of time you want to "jump to" is more than an hour, I
think you'd have to express it as minutes.
for example, if you want to "jump to" an hour and 20 minutes from the
beginning of a track, you'd need to type 80:00.