Topics

having a problem using chrome to download the latest update to jaws.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

I’m new to chrome, so bear with me. When I select the download link to download the latest update to jaws, I hear a message that says, this type of file could harm your computer. Do you want to allow, and then it gives the name of the update? Where do I say yes? I see a keep button so I hit enter on it or space bar, and it keeps asking me the same question. How do I get past this? I am using windows ten and jaws 2019 previous update. Jim

This sounds like an extension, or else Windows 10 SmartScreen (see also: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/turn-off-smartscreen-filter-windows-10/) as I do not get any warning under Chrome when clicking on the link, JAWS 2019.1903.47 - March 2019, that's on the Freedom Scientific/Vispero JAWS page.

Chris Hill

I fixed this one before.  I don't have the exact page I used, but this one has the gist:

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-dangerous-download-blocked-error-in-chrome/knowing, I

By default, chrome blocks files with names that google doesn't know are safe.  Disabling it is the only way to download things like pdf's from places that seem to randomly generate the name on request.

On 3/19/2019 16:54, Brian Vogel wrote:
This sounds like an extension, or else Windows 10 SmartScreen (see also: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/turn-off-smartscreen-filter-windows-10/) as I do not get any warning under Chrome when clicking on the link, JAWS 2019.1903.47 - March 2019, that's on the Freedom Scientific/Vispero JAWS page.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Press Alt+Shift+A to get to the notification, then you should be able to tab to Allow.

All the best

Steve