Topics

keystroke to say what line you are on in MS Word

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Sorry… figured it out by playing with different combinations…

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Mario

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry… figured it out by playing with different combinations…

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly
distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3
key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will
tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Rick Mladek

Insert and zero key on numpad

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Rick Mladek

I am so sorry, I wrote that last note so very incorrectly.

The bottom row of the num pad with the bottom left buttom, the insert key or
jaws key and the button to the right of that. I do believe the period key.
The bottom left key and the bottom center key.

Rick

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Mario

huh. I don't think so because the zero key on the numpad acts as an
insert when the numlock is off. so according to what you said, the
keystroke is insert+insert.

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

.

Mario

oh, okay, got it. discard my below response.

huh. I don't think so because the zero key on the numpad acts as an
insert when the numlock is off. so according to what you said, the
keystroke is insert+insert.

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

.

Dave...

Nope. Insert + numpad 3

Dave

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Rick Mladek

Insert plus num pad 3 tells the page, not the line

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

david

umm, I believe the keystroke is:

insert+.

The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a dream.

oh, okay, got it. discard my below response.

huh. I don't think so because the zero key on the numpad acts as an
insert when the numlock is off. so according to what you said, the
keystroke is insert+insert.

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

.

Dave...

Well, I'll be darned. Learned something new today.

Dave

Insert plus num pad 3 tells the page, not the line

would you mind enlightening us on what is the keystroke or how you did it?

Sorry. figured it out by playing with different combinations.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute
information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me
what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line
I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>

Richard B. McDonald

JAWSKey+delete announces the distance from the top and left edges of the page.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Bill White

It does that for me in most instances, too. Not when I’m in Word. In Word, if I’m in an empty document, and I press INS plus DELETE, JAWS says:

line -1 column -1

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

JAWSKey+delete announces the distance from the top and left edges of the page.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Ann Byrne

Immediately to the right of 0 on the numpad with numlock on is period. With numlock off you have insert and immediately to its right is delete. So. With numlock off, the keystroke to read line and column in Word is insert+delete.

the keystroke giving distance from left and top is alt+numpad delete.

Bill White

Hi, Ann. You're right. When I use INS plus DELETE outside of Word, it gives
the following:

While in a document on the Internet:

Route Virtual to PC

Everywhere else:

Unavailable

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Immediately to the right of 0 on the numpad with numlock on is
period. With numlock off you have insert and immediately to its
right is delete. So. With numlock off, the keystroke to read line
and column in Word is insert+delete.

the keystroke giving distance from left and top is alt+numpad delete.

CJ &AA MAY

This could be useful; thanks for the tip.
Alison

Immediately to the right of 0 on the numpad with numlock on is period. With
numlock off you have insert and immediately to its right is delete. So.
With numlock off, the keystroke to read line and column in Word is
insert+delete.

the keystroke giving distance from left and top is alt+numpad delete.

Palmer Loux

Insert 8 reads current line

On Mar 17, 2019, at 8:53 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

Sorry… figured it out by playing with different combinations…

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

Palmer from CBVI

Van Lant, Robin

It’s alt numpad delete to get the distance from top and left margins.

JAWSKey+delete announces the distance from the top and left edges of the page.

I am working on a Microsoft Word document. I am wanting to evenly distribute information within the cover page. I hit insert and the #3 key to tell me what page I am on, Can anyone tell me what keystroke will tell me what line I am on within or on a certain page?

Thank you,

Rick

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114