Topics

Repair or reinstall

Alan Robbins

If JAWS is presenting a problem, is it better to run a repair or simply uninstall and then install again?

Al

I would run the repair first, it's easier and if it doesn't fix the issue you can still uninstalla nd reinstall. What is the issue you have?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2016 12:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Repair or reinstall

If JAWS is presenting a problem, is it better to run a repair or simply uninstall and then install again?

Al

Alan Robbins

Many times with JAWS 18, I’ll have a drive open in this PC and when I arrow down through the file names it often loses focus. I then need to alt tab away and then back. Sometimes this doesn’t fix the issue. If I close JAWS 18 and open 17 when  having the problem, issue goes away. I’ve even played with the JAWS key and the letter r to adjust various areas of restriction but problem persists. I don’t recall this with the beta versions

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2016 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: Repair or reinstall

I would run the repair first, it's easier and if it doesn't fix the issue you can still uninstalla nd reinstall. What is the issue you have?

Al

Gene Stevens

I’ve ad the same issue with 17. I’ve found that if you switch to list view the problem goes away.

Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2016 4:14 PM

Many times with JAWS 18, I’ll have a drive open in this PC and when I arrow down through the file names it often loses focus. I then need to alt tab away and then back. Sometimes this doesn’t fix the issue. If I close JAWS 18 and open 17 when  having the problem, issue goes away. I’ve even played with the JAWS key and the letter r to adjust various areas of restriction but problem persists. I don’t recall this with the beta versions

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

Al

Alan Robbins

Gene,

I “think” that is the view I have. Where can I quickly check in Windows 10 version 1607?

Thanks

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Stevens
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2016 6:11 PM

I’ve ad the same issue with 17. I’ve found that if you switch to list view the problem goes away.

Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2016 4:14 PM

Many times with JAWS 18, I’ll have a drive open in this PC and when I arrow down through the file names it often loses focus. I then need to alt tab away and then back. Sometimes this doesn’t fix the issue. If I close JAWS 18 and open 17 when  having the problem, issue goes away. I’ve even played with the JAWS key and the letter r to adjust various areas of restriction but problem persists. I don’t recall this with the beta versions

Al

Al