Topics

Drag and Drop solved.

Bill White

I was able to connect with Vispero, and found something very interesting. Drag and drop works if one uses the left CONTROL key plus JAWS Key

plus NumPad SLASH. It does not, however, work if the Right CONTROL key is used along with JAWS Key plus NumPad SLASH.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Curtis Delzer

I am sure glad it is still supported! that really  does mean more than they realize if someone there thought that control-c control-v or control-x control-v is the same thing or just as good, or even similar when it is not at all. :)

On 3/15/2019 12:30 PM, Bill White wrote:

I was able to connect with Vispero, and found something very interesting. Drag and drop works if one uses the left CONTROL key plus JAWS Key

plus NumPad SLASH. It does not, however, work if the Right CONTROL key is used along with JAWS Key plus NumPad SLASH.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-- 

Curtis Delzer 
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Please, can someone give me the equivalent command for a laptop keyboard, I mean the substitute for numpad-slash in this case?

Thanks,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 9:31 PM
To: JFW Mailing List
Subject: Drag and Drop solved.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Heather Thomas <heather.thomas@...>

Hi Pantonop,
Caps lock + number row 8 is the laptop command for left mouse button.
-Heather

On Mar 16, 2019, at 4:13 AM, Panagiotis Antonopoulos <pantonop@...> wrote:

Please, can someone give me the equivalent command for a laptop keyboard, I mean the substitute for numpad-slash in this case?

Thanks,

Takis

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Carroll Center for the Blind Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above.  This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information.  If you are not an intended recipient dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error and the email contains private information, please contact the Carroll Center Compliance Line at 617-969-6200 x. 214.  If the email was sent to you in error but does not contain private information, please contact the sender and delete the email.

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Thanks you very much Heather.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Heather Thomas
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Drag and Drop solved.

Hi Pantonop,

-Heather

Thanks,

Takis

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Carroll Center for the Blind Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above.  This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information.  If you are not an intended recipient dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you received this email in error and the email contains private information, please contact the Carroll Center Compliance Line at 617-969-6200 x. 214.  If the email was sent to you in error but does not contain private information, please contact the sender and delete the email.

Mike B

Hi Takis,

I hope this will help those that use laptops without numpads.  Here are the numpad keystrokes for laptops without numpads and the URL for many more keystrokes.

https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter2/doccenter/rs25c51746a0cc/cursorsjawsmagic/02jawsandmagicreadingcommands.htm

Some other keys which may be used include the following:

list of 7 items
• Numpad or FORWARD SLASH, left mouse button (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+8)
• ASTERISK, right mouse button (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+9)
• NUM PAD PLUS, PC cursor in most applications, Virtual cursor in HTML and PDF documents (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON)
• NUM PAD MINUS, JAWS cursor (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+P)
• NUM PAD MINUS twice quickly, Invisible cursor (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+P  twice quickly)
• Route JAWS to PC, INSERT+NUM PAD MINUS (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET)
• Route PC to JAWS, INSERT+NUM PAD PLUS (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE)
list end
Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.
Book: a utensil used to pass time while waiting for the computer repairman!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:13 AM

Thanks,

Takis

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Terrie Terlau

Mike,

Thank you for this list! Although many of us may use a lot of these commands, there are some in the list that I didin’t know and they will help me tremendously.
Terrie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 8:09 AM

Hi Takis,

I hope this will help those that use laptops without numpads.  Here are the numpad keystrokes for laptops without numpads and the URL for many more keystrokes.

https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter2/doccenter/rs25c51746a0cc/cursorsjawsmagic/02jawsandmagicreadingcommands.htm

Some other keys which may be used include the following:

list of 7 items
• Numpad or FORWARD SLASH, left mouse button (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+8)
• ASTERISK, right mouse button (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+9)
• NUM PAD PLUS, PC cursor in most applications, Virtual cursor in HTML and PDF documents (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON)
• NUM PAD MINUS, JAWS cursor (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+P)
• NUM PAD MINUS twice quickly, Invisible cursor (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+P  twice quickly)
• Route JAWS to PC, INSERT+NUM PAD MINUS (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET)
• Route PC to JAWS, INSERT+NUM PAD PLUS (laptop users: CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE)
list end

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.
Book: a utensil used to pass time while waiting for the computer repairman!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:13 AM

Thanks,

Takis

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Not that I'm surprised that some don't know certain keyboard commands for JAWS, as there are so many that I don't think anyone has all of them memorized, particularly the desktop and laptop equivalents of each, but I am surprised that it seems that some are not familiar with the JAWS Documentation webpage.   The JAWS Keystrokes "cheat sheet" is always available there for the latest version in three different file formats, along with a lot of other material.

Toward the end of the page is also a link that allows you to find same for earlier versions of JAWS,  Previous JAWS for Windows Downloads page.
You can go all the way back to JAWS 10 using that page.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Thanks very much Mike. Most useful.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:49 PM

Thanks you very much Heather.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Heather Thomas
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Hi Pantonop,

-Heather

Thanks,

Takis

Bill White

billwhite92701@...