How do I move into and out of the header/footer pane in MS Word 2016?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7.  In a particular Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a footer, and ended-up in that pane.  But, I got stuck in it and could not figure out how to move between it and the main document pane.  F6 only moved me around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane, never getting back to the main document pane.  So, how do you get into and out of the footer pane?

Thanks,

Richard

Ann Byrne

F6 should do it. I always use alt-v, then h. It is a carry-over from before the ribbon. To insert a header is alt+n, then h.

At 08:41 AM 3/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7. In a particular Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a footer, and ended-up in that pane. But, I got stuck in it and could not figure out how to move between it and the main document pane. F6 only moved me around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane, never getting back to the main document pane. So, how do you get into and out of the footer pane?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Well, as I mentioned at first below, F6 does not do it. The alt+v then h
thing works to get me *into* the header/footer pane, but my problem still
remains once there - I cannot get out of it and back into the document pane.
So, my question persists: how do you move between the header/footer pane and
the document pane?

At 08:41 AM 3/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7. In a particular
Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a footer, and
ended-up in that pane. But, I got stuck in it and could not figure out
how to move between it and the main document pane. F6 only moved me
around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane, never getting back
to the main document pane. So, how do you get into and out of the
footer pane?

Thanks,
Richard

Chris Hill

For some reason ctrl+f6 is sticking in my head.

At 08:41 AM 3/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7. In a particular
Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a footer, and
ended-up in that pane. But, I got stuck in it and could not figure out
how to move between it and the main document pane. F6 only moved me
around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane, never getting back
to the main document pane. So, how do you get into and out of the
footer pane?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard B. McDonald

I tried control+alt+n as suggested below, and also control+F6 as someone
else suggested. Neither works. The former changed the document view to
"draft" (which such view yielded no resolution) and the latter did nothing.
So, my question remains: How do I move into and out of the header/footer
pane in MS Word 2016?

At 08:41 AM 3/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7. In a
particular Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a
footer, and ended-up in that pane. But, I got stuck in it and could
not figure out how to move between it and the main document pane. F6
only moved me around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane,
never getting back to the main document pane. So, how do you get
into and out of the footer pane?

Thanks,
Richard

Ann Byrne

On my Word 2016 alt+v, then h is a toggle. It goes to the header pane and returns to the document.
Alt+n, then h goes to the header pane on the ribbon.
Pressing f6 about three times returns to the document. Header/footer is/are on the insert menu, which is alt+n.

At 08:41 AM 3/14/2019, you wrote:
Hi!

I am using JAWS 2019 and MS Word 2016 under Windows 7. In a
particular Word document, I went through the ribbons to create a
footer, and ended-up in that pane. But, I got stuck in it and could
not figure out how to move between it and the main document pane. F6
only moved me around virtual ribbons / status bar / footer pane,
never getting back to the main document pane. So, how do you get
into and out of the footer pane?

Thanks,
Richard

Heather Thomas <heather.thomas@...>

Hi Richard,
To get into the header/footer pane in Word 2016, press the following
sequence of keys:
Alt + N to go to the Insert tab of the ribbon.
H for Header.
Then E for Edit header.

To exit Header/Footer view, press Escape.

Hope that helps,
Heather

--
Carroll Center for the Blind Confidentiality Notice: This email and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the