Making a read only form in Word editable

Lauren Snyder

Hi:

I have Windows 10, Jaws 18 and Word 2016.

I have received a form that is read only. I want to fill it out on the computer. Is there a way to change a form so it is editable and no longer read only?

Thank you.

Best,

Lauren

Aleeha Dudley

Have you hacked to see if the document is in protected view by pressing f6 to cycle through the various panes until you hear something like “be careful-files from the internet may contain viruses…” Tab until you hear “enable editing” and press Space. This should fix the problem.
HTH,
Aleeha

On Nov 2, 2016, at 4:51 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi:

I have Windows 10, Jaws 18 and Word 2016.

I have received a form that is read only. I want to fill it out on the computer. Is there a way to change a form so it is editable and no longer read only?

Thank you.

Best,
Lauren

Mario

try pressing alt, f, i, e. that clears the protection so you can edit.
if this doesn't work, 2016 must have a different combination to unlock
protected docs.

I have Windows 10, Jaws 18 and Word 2016.

I have received a form that is read only. I want to fill it out on the
computer. Is there a way to change a form so it is editable and no
longer read only?

Thank you.

Best,

Lauren

Lauren Snyder

Hi,

I did as you suggested. The form goes to an edit field, but the form is no longer reading by Jaws.

Help!

Best,

Lauren

Have you hacked to see if the document is in protected view by pressing f6 to cycle through the various panes until you hear something like “be careful-files from the internet may contain viruses…” Tab until you hear “enable editing” and press Space. This should fix the problem.

HTH,

Aleeha

On Nov 2, 2016, at 4:51 PM, Lauren Snyder <princessesrule@...> wrote:

Hi:

I have Windows 10, Jaws 18 and Word 2016.

I have received a form that is read only. I want to fill it out on the computer. Is there a way to change a form so it is editable and no longer read only?

Thank you.

Best,

Lauren

Lauren,

Is this this an actual word form (as in has form fields) or a straight word document version of a paper form?

Is it something you can share as supplied to you?

--
Brian

         ~ William James