Outlook 2016 Question About Reading E-mail Fields

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I used to be able to read the various fields in an open Outlook 2016 e-mail message using the alt key, followed by the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc..

This now no longer works.

Whenever I hit these key combinations, I get an “unavailable” message.

Does anyone know if something has changed to no longer make this possible, and is there a work-around?

I also find shif-tabbing through the various fields to be very unreliable.

I’m using Windows 10, Office 365, and the latest build of Jaws 2019 here.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

david

well, the alt+number still works hear.

not sure what the issue may be.

I used to be able to read the various fields in an open Outlook 2016 e-mail message using the alt key, followed by the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc..

This now no longer works.

Whenever I hit these key combinations, I get an “unavailable” message.

Does anyone know if something has changed to no longer make this possible, and is there a work-around?

I also find shif-tabbing through the various fields to be very unreliable.

I’m using Windows 10, Office 365, and the latest build of Jaws 2019 here.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Shankar C

I think, this was discussed previously under the subject line "outlook
2016 and JAWS 2019, seems to be a new bug"
please refer your inbox on the above subject.

On 3/10/19, david <davidmac1957@gmail.com> wrote:
well, the alt+number still works hear.

not sure what the issue may be.

The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a
dream.

I used to be able to read the various fields in an open Outlook 2016 e-mail
message using the alt key, followed by the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc..

This now no longer works.

Whenever I hit these key combinations, I get an "unavailable" message.

Does anyone know if something has changed to no longer make this possible,
and is there a work-around?

I also find shif-tabbing through the various fields to be very unreliable.

I'm using Windows 10, Office 365, and the latest build of Jaws 2019 here.

Thank you!

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Shankar,

        You're correct, and Sieghard Weitzel gave what is acknowledged as "the correct answer:"

                        https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/67853

If you've deleted a topic from your inbox you can always search the group archive, https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/topics, and since this one is so recent the actual topic itself is still showing up on the first page of the archive.  You can use the regular browser/screen reader search function and find it if you search for "new bug".

Tom Behler

Brian:

Thank you!

I turned off features coming soon, and my e-mail fields are now all back.

Why this messes with Jaws is beyond me, but it’s good to have the problem solved.

I guess I missed the previous thread where this was discussed.

When receiveing over 200 e-mails a day, sometimes things just get lost.

I’ll make a note of this fix for future reference.

Tom Behler