How to delete a range of cells in excel 2013

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Are they all together or spred throughout the sheet

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: November 1, 2016 08:11
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to delete a range of cells in excel 2013

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet and want to delete around 35 rows. I can select one entire row then delete it, but this is rather tedious.
Could someone explain how to select all the target rows at once and delete in one fell swoop?

Thanks much in advance.

--
Kimberly

Hi Kimber,

There is another way. You can just go into column A, then use Shift+Down Arrow to highlight all cells from 1 to 35, then press Control+Numpad Minus, down arrow to "Delete Entire Row" and press enter and all the rows will be deleted. As you can see from the responses there are many ways to skin a cat.

I have an excel spreadsheet and want to delete around 35 rows. I can select one entire row then delete it, but this is rather tedious.
Could someone explain how to select all the target rows at once and delete in one fell swoop?

Thanks much in advance.

--
Kimberly

You can also put your cursor in the beginning cell, the use Control+G, type the ending cell and press Shift+Enter, this will select everything from your current position to the ending cell you typed in. You can then press delete to delete the content in all of these cells.

Try control g. In the dialogue box type your beginning cell (example b1) followed by a colon and then your ending cell (example z25). Press enter then press delete. That will delete the contents. To delete the actual cells follow the steps above but instead of pressing delete press the applications key and arrow to delete and choose from the options.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Jeanette McAllister
757-346-0708

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 11:11 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet and want to delete around 35 rows. I can
select one entire row then delete it, but this is rather tedious.
Could someone explain how to select all the target rows at once and
delete in one fell swoop?

Thanks much in advance.

--
Kimberly

Mario

F5 and control+g both bring up that dialog. so both of you are right.

wrote:

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet and want to delete around 35 rows. I can
select one entire row then delete it, but this is rather tedious.
Could someone explain how to select all the target rows at once and
delete in one fell swoop?

Thanks much in advance.

--
Kimberly

.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

[...]

Jeanette McAllister PhD

[...]

Enter the desired range, using F5, (First row-Collumn:last Row-Collumn). . This selects the range. Now hit the delete key; they're gone.

Ted