Old vocalizer voices versus new vocalizer voices

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

I know there’s a lot of subjectivity in voice preferences, but I’m curious if any can describe general aspects of how the new Vocalizer voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Soronel Haetir

I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant problems under jaws
18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c), right quote (U+201d)
and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

dennis

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i have shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant problems under jaws
18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c), right quote (U+201d)
and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. <kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice preferences, but I'm curious
if any can describe general aspects of how the new Vocalizer voices are
different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Alan Robbins

Dennis,

As nice as the new voices are, each time new ones appear I give a listen but after using eloquence for so many years, hard to give it up

Al

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound pritty much the
same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i have shelly sounding as
human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant problems under jaws
18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c), right quote (U+201d)
and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. <kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice preferences, but I'm curious
if any can describe general aspects of how the new Vocalizer voices are
different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Maria Campbell

Agree wholeheartedly, but Samantha is pretty good--quite responsive and nice and clear despite my hearing loss.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@gmail.com

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

On 10/31/2016 6:54 PM, Alan Robbins wrote:
[...]

Jason White

Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:
Agree wholeheartedly, but Samantha is pretty good--quite responsive and nice
and clear despite my hearing loss.

I find that the new Vocalizer Expressive 2.2 voices respond more quickly when
interrupted, and the speech quality is slightly better than that of the old
versions.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I vote for Eloquence.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Eloquence rocks! There's nothing better.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@gmail.com

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

On 10/31/2016 7:16 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I vote for Eloquence.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

Maria, which command to you give to get to the voice
choices? I've done it in the past, but can't remember where
it is and not getting there tonight, thanks.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound
pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i
have shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant
problems under
jaws 18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c),
right quote
(U+201d) and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
<kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice
preferences, but I'm
curious if any can describe general aspects of how the
new Vocalizer
voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Alan Robbins

Marie,

Yes, agreed. That is the voice on my iPhone as well so am
pretty used to it. Zoe not too bad either.

Al

[...]

Ctrl + jaws key + s

Al

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound
pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i
have shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant
problems under
jaws 18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c),
right quote
(U+201d) and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
<kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice
preferences, but I'm
curious if any can describe general aspects of how the
new Vocalizer
voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Thanks , All, going there now.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound
pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i
have shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant
problems under
jaws 18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c),
right quote
(U+201d) and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
<kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice
preferences, but I'm
curious if any can describe general aspects of how the
new Vocalizer
voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I tried that and got to the same place I have gotten in
other places. I am trying to get to the choices of like Reid
and Samantha, thanks.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound
pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i
have shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant
problems under
jaws 18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c),
right quote
(U+201d) and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
<kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice
preferences, but I'm
curious if any can describe general aspects of how the
new Vocalizer
voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

The only way I know to do it is the long way. Hit jaws key + j to get
to Jaws menu. You'll be on the options submenu so you want to press
the right arrow, then v to get to voices. Hit down arrow once to go
to voice adjustment, then hit enter and then tab through the dialog
box. I don't know of any shortcuts to get there without scrolling
through the menus.

On 10/31/16, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
[...]

Insert J, then to voice adjustment.

On 10/31/2016 8:18 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Thanks, that was my first try, but I did not find the different voices like Reid and Samantha. Eloquence is there though, which I like, and my adjustments like speed 40 and Shift pitch 35, all that is in that section.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

they still seam to pronounce things the same and sound
pritty much the same to me. this is why i use elliquence. i have
shelly sounding as human as possible.

On 10/31/2016 4:55 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I still prefer RSD Emily, but that has significant
problems under
jaws 18, particularly involving left quote (U+201c),
right quote
(U+201d) and apostrophe (U+2019 IIRC) characters.

On 10/31/16, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
<kramlinger.keith@mayo.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in voice
preferences, but I'm
curious if any can describe general aspects of how the
new Vocalizer
voices are different from the ones previously available.

Thanks in advance, Keith

Maria Campbell

You'll find the voices within the synthesizers. So first you see Eloquence and when you tab you'll see voice person, where you'll find Reed, etc.

On 10/31/2016 9:11 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

I finally found them. Probably I'll go back to Reid, but I'm
trying Glenn. I keep mine set pretty fast, so the higher
pitched ones sounded like they'd be harder to understand.
Thanks for getting me there.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

try shelly at a pitch of 70.