Topics

s s h clients that work well with jaws

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK, so i'm jumping into the world with linux, and i need to ssh into a
few boxes. What's the best over-all program to use?

Cheers,

Jed

Ben Humphreys <brhbrhbrh@...>

Hi Jed,

I've had very good luck with openssh client from cygwin. It's a completely console based program, so it's as accessible as any console window can be.

Microsoft also has a version of openssh, which I think is based on WSL but ought to act very similarly:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/openssh/openssh_install_firstuse

Others seem to like Secure CRT, which is quite a bit more powerful in terms of features, but requires a fair bit of setup I think to be spot on.

You will probably get more responses to this question on the blind programming mailing list:
program-l@...

Hope this helps!

Ben

At 03:40 PM 3/8/2019, you wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, so i'm jumping into the world with linux, and i need to ssh into a
few boxes. What's the best over-all program to use?

Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

Where do you get open ssh, is it a free program, i'm guessing it works
on windows, and i can ssh into a box?