Google Docs

Angie Goodnight <agoodnight@...>

Hi All,

My job is requiring me to start using Google Docs. Jaws seems to not read the documents for me. Do I need to do something to my Jaws to get it to work. I am using the newest version of Jaws. Any advice would help!!

Thank you,

Angie

Chris Hill

I suspect there are things you will need to do.  I'd start here:

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6282736?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

There are also several tutorials for using jaws with google apps, you'll probably need to spend some time with them too.  This may be a simple change for a sighted person, it won't be for the rest of us.

On 3/8/2019 08:51, Angie Goodnight wrote:

Hi All,

My job is requiring me to start using Google Docs. Jaws seems to not read the documents for me. Do I need to do something to my Jaws to get it to work. I am using the newest version of Jaws. Any advice would help!!

Thank you,

Angie

There are accessibility settings for Google Docs.   There are also scads of tutorials for using Google Docs with virtually any screen reader you can name:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=google+docs+screen+reader

Darrell Shandrow Hilliker

Hello Angie,

Here is a link to some training material from Freedom Scientific covering the use of JAWS with Google Docs: https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter/doccenter/rs25c51746a0cc/2015-09-11_googledocs-l1/02_2015-09-11_Google_Docs_with_JAWS_and_MAGic_Lesson_One.htm

I hope this helps you get started.

Best regards,

Darrell