From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:53 AM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: windows 10 install question

Hey guys,

OK, so a question for all. Let's say i get a new harddrive for my computer, 1 that's bigger. If i have a copy of win 10 that i purchased, is it possible to install it without sited help? I've heard you can make a USB stick ready for install, but wanted some feedback. Whether you can do with jaws or narrator figured i would ask. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Jed

bob jutzi <jutzi@...>

Absolutely.  CTRL-Windows-ENTER launches Narrator.

On 3/6/2019 11:53 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, so a question for all. Let's say i get a new harddrive for my
computer, 1 that's bigger. If i have a copy of win 10 that i
purchased, is it possible to install it without sited help? I've
heard you can make a USB stick ready for install, but wanted some
feedback. Whether you can do with jaws or narrator figured i would
ask. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Jed

Chris Hill

Shouldn't be too hard, if you can get your computer to boot off the usb device.  That may require sighted help depending on the computer.

Last time I did something like that I used image for windows to copy my old drive to my new one making the partitions larger, then swapped drives.

On 3/6/2019 10:53, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, so a question for all. Let's say i get a new harddrive for my
computer, 1 that's bigger. If i have a copy of win 10 that i
purchased, is it possible to install it without sited help? I've
heard you can make a USB stick ready for install, but wanted some
feedback. Whether you can do with jaws or narrator figured i would
ask. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Jed

John Covici

Also, you could clone your existing disk onto your bigger drive, if
you care about what you have. Note that narrator only works on recent
versions of windows 10, 1803, I think or later.

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:59:29 -0500,
bob jutzi wrote:

Absolutely.  CTRL-Windows-ENTER launches Narrator.

On 3/6/2019 11:53 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, so a question for all. Let's say i get a new harddrive for my
computer, 1 that's bigger. If i have a copy of win 10 that i
purchased, is it possible to install it without sited help? I've
heard you can make a USB stick ready for install, but wanted some
feedback. Whether you can do with jaws or narrator figured i would
ask. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Jed

How do