Accessible Screen Sharing Software

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hi, it's Annabelle.
Recently, I was getting some help from my sighted friend, Markus Johnson (yes, that's "Markus" with a K, not a C), and we ran into a problem with ITeleport, a software that allows one to share their screen with another. Specifically, ITeleport is being blocked by Google for security reasons, due to an "unrecognized device". Strangely enough, we used to be able to log on to ITeleport in the past with no problems at all. That being said, is there an alternative to ITeleport that won't experience that kind of problem? More specifically, is there a screenreader-friendly software for screen sharing? I know there's Team Viewer, but the version I have was specifically installed by PC Audio Labs, the company that makes the computer I have it on. I used to have Yuuguu (I think I spelled that right), which is both a screen sharing and chat software, but that one wasn't exactly screenreader friendly.

Shankar C

Hi there,
just a suggestion.
you can use the skype for bizness/lync for sharing your screen as wel
for chatting.
as I experienced, the above mentioned application is completely
accessible with the jaws.
sharing steps:
1. select the contact to whom you want to share the screen.
2. enter on send an i.m.
3. once the chat window open press shift tab till the screen reader
says share content button.
4. enter on share your desktop.
5. you can see a pop up for asking permission. just tab to yes button
and press enter.
6. finally, press shift ctrl space key and enter on the give controls.
you are done, now, the other person can take control of your laptop/desktop.

On 3/6/19, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@comcast.net> wrote:
[...]

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

What OS are you using?  If it's Windows 10 then the built-in Quick Assist is both accessible and reliable.

You can just screen share or allow your assistant full control.  It does not include audio, so I always have a simultaneous speaker phone call going, too.

Annabelle Susan Morison

Will it cost anything to have this software? If so, how much? Also, with
ITeleport, Markus seems to have to change his password every now and then,
which is a pain in the rear for both of us, as I keep having to write down a
new one every time. Will this software have the same thing happen? Also, don't
you have to have a Skype phone in order to use it? The reason why I'm sharing
my screen with Markus is because he's helping me to configure some virtual
instruments that don't have keyboard shortcuts, more specifically those where
the interface is mostly graphic-based icons, so the workaround for us is to
use Axife Mouse Recorder (http://www.axife.com) to make mouse movement scripts
that I can press enter on with my keyboard, and the mouse automatically clicks
wherever the script tells it to go, for example, on the Menu icon for FM Tines
2.0 http://fmtines.com.

[...]

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit with Service Pack 1.

What OS are you using?  If it's Windows 10 then the built-in Quick Assist is both accessible and reliable.

You can just screen share or allow your assistant full control.  It does not include audio, so I always have a simultaneous speaker phone call going, too.

Barbara <batterseye@...>

I have used Team viewer program for a Windows computer.  It is free.  It does allow for screen sharing.  It is accessible.  It does not have an audio option so you would need to use the phone for example.  Another way is to open up your word processing software and write back and forth on it once you are connected.  I have done that a few times when the telephone connection went bad.  Smile.

FYI:  My sister has an Apple computer and I have a Windows computer and Team viewer works for us.

Barbara

[...]

On the version of Teamviewer I have, It pops up with a window that says "Obedia", which means that I would be logging on to the company that now owns PC Audio Labs. That particular version I have is specifically for PC Audio Labs Technical Support screen sharing.