Topics

Jaws 2019 and the latest Adobe acrobat DC

DJ

 Thank you very much for that assistance. With your help, I was able to remedy the problem. Everything is now working as expected. I greatly appreciate your help. Have a great day.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 11:24 PM Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

Yes, it is the enable protected mode at startup checkbox causing this issue.

On 3/5/2019 19:32, Chris Hill wrote:
I ran intO that problem last week.  The offer isn’t causing the problem, an improper setting in the security enhanced section of preferences is what is causing your problem.  I think it is the first checkbox, but I can’t remember.  Give it a look and email if you can’t find it and I’ll check it out and refresh my memory.

On Mar 5, 2019, at 18:47, DJ <grouloc@...> wrote:

 Hello,
It seems  that there is some sort of free trial offer popping up each time I try opening a PDF file using Adobe reader DC. Adobe wants me to try the  Pro version of Acrobat. There does not seem to be a way to cancel out of this screen, or a way to avoid it completely when Adobe reader launches. Because of this, jaws simply tells me the screen is blank, and I never get to read the PDF files. Has anyone found a workaround for this? If so, would you mind sharing?
Thank you ever so much.

Chris Hill