Topics

Jaws 2019 and the latest Adobe acrobat DC

DJ

Thank you very much for that assistance. With your help, I was able to remedy the problem. Everything is now working as expected. I greatly appreciate your help. Have a great day.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 11:24 PM Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

Yes, it is the enable protected mode at startup checkbox causing this issue.

On 3/5/2019 19:32, Chris Hill wrote:
I ran intO that problem last week.  The offer isn’t causing the problem, an improper setting in the security enhanced section of preferences is what is causing your problem.  I think it is the first checkbox, but I can’t remember.  Give it a look and email if you can’t find it and I’ll check it out and refresh my memory.

On Mar 5, 2019, at 18:47, DJ <grouloc@...> wrote:

Hello,
It seems  that there is some sort of free trial offer popping up each time I try opening a PDF file using Adobe reader DC. Adobe wants me to try the  Pro version of Acrobat. There does not seem to be a way to cancel out of this screen, or a way to avoid it completely when Adobe reader launches. Because of this, jaws simply tells me the screen is blank, and I never get to read the PDF files. Has anyone found a workaround for this? If so, would you mind sharing?
Thank you ever so much. 

Chris Hill

Yes, it is the enable protected mode at startup checkbox causing this issue.

On 3/5/2019 19:32, Chris Hill wrote:
I ran intO that problem last week.  The offer isn’t causing the problem, an improper setting in the security enhanced section of preferences is what is causing your problem.  I think it is the first checkbox, but I can’t remember.  Give it a look and email if you can’t find it and I’ll check it out and refresh my memory.

Hello,
It seems  that there is some sort of free trial offer popping up each time I try opening a PDF file using Adobe reader DC. Adobe wants me to try the  Pro version of Acrobat. There does not seem to be a way to cancel out of this screen, or a way to avoid it completely when Adobe reader launches. Because of this, jaws simply tells me the screen is blank, and I never get to read the PDF files. Has anyone found a workaround for this? If so, would you mind sharing?
Thank you ever so much. 

Chris Hill

I ran intO that problem last week.  The offer isn’t causing the problem, an improper setting in the security enhanced section of preferences is what is causing your problem.  I think it is the first checkbox, but I can’t remember.  Give it a look and email if you can’t find it and I’ll check it out and refresh my memory.

Hello,
Thank you ever so much. 

DJ

Hello,
Thank you ever so much.