Topics

need some help with being able to read a map with jaws

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK, so i'm gonna throw this out there to see if people can get
creative and possibly have some ideas.
So i'm working on getting a new position dispatching in public safety.
1 of the parts of the job is, that when a caller calls in and they
can't tell you their location, i'll basicly need to find them on a
map. So, i know that i'll have the lattitude and longitude so that's
a start. I need some input on how to handle something like this with
jaws, if it's even possible. Anyone done such a thing?

Cheers,

Jed

Gerald Levy

This is a long shot, but if you plug the latitude and longitude coordinates into the Google search edit field, Google might return the actual location in the search results. Obviously, there would be no way for JAWS to interpret a map.

Gerald

On 3/1/2019 4:06 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, so i'm gonna throw this out there to see if people can get
creative and possibly have some ideas.
So i'm working on getting a new position dispatching in public safety.
1 of the parts of the job is, that when a caller calls in and they
can't tell you their location, i'll basicly need to find them on a
map. So, i know that i'll have the lattitude and longitude so that's
a start. I need some input on how to handle something like this with
jaws, if it's even possible. Anyone done such a thing?

Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

Is there a way you can input the latitude and longitude in the search?
How would you do it?