From: Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Adobe reader dc and jaws.

Well, this one has me beat. I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers. My desktop will no longer read
pdf's. They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start. It is working fine
on my laptop. NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all. I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Chris Hill

I restarted and reinstalled adobe.  I guess removing and reinstalling jaws is where I'm going next since the repair didn't do the trick.

Thanks for the idea.

CH

On 2/27/2019 20:04, Flor Lynch wrote:
Have you restarted the desktop since the problem manifested itself? If the problem persisted after a restart, consider a completely fresh install of JAWS2019 on the desktop.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

Well, this one has me beat.  I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers.  My desktop will no longer read
pdf's.  They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start.  It is working fine
on my laptop.  NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all.  I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help.  Any ideas?

Chris Hill

Well, it was an adobe setting.  In the security(enhanced) settings, protected mode needed to be turned off for Jaws to work properly.  I have no idea what turned it back on, and why the reinstallation didn't put things to rights, but there it is for future reference.

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

Well, this one has me beat.  I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers.  My desktop will no longer read
pdf's.  They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start.  It is working fine
on my laptop.  NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all.  I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help.  Any ideas?

T. Civitello

Chris, I don't find this security (enhanced) in Adobe. All of the security settings in my copy, which is the most current, say not available for the security settings. Tom

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

Well, this one has me beat. I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers. My desktop will no longer read
pdf's. They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start. It is working fine
on my laptop. NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all. I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Bill White

I have always had to turn off enhanced protected mode, even with JAWS installed. This setting doesn't get turned off by default.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:27 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

Well, this one has me beat. I'm running the latest version of both
programs on two different computers. My desktop will no longer read
pdf's. They show up blank and jaws ocr won't start. It is working fine
on my laptop. NVDA reads pdf's fine on my desktop, but now jaws won't
do it at all. I've repaired Jaws and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Bill White

Hi, Tom. I don't know why your enhanced security tab is saying unavailable. I can get to my enhanced security settings just fine. I am using Windows 10, and I am using JAWS 2019.1901.66, home use edition.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...