From: main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 9:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Space marker.

hi all, today in school i experienced this problem with my school use computer.
I opened the new document that were sent by my Science and Geography teacher at different times. When I opened both documents I get this message. Every time I press down arrow Jaws told me there is a space marker. and my Braille display  showed the Symbol of dot 4 and Dot1-6 sign. Can someone please figure out what is this and how to trouble shoot? All comments are greatly appreciate it.
best regards
michael Munn

Michael Munn
 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Michael. Here are three ways to stop announcement of space markers and paragraph markers.

To Stop Announcement of Paragraphs And Space markers

press ALT, then F for the file ribbon, then T for options dialog.

Type D or arrow to select the Display category and press TAB until you get to the "Show these formatting marks" on the screen section.

Make sure the following are unchecked (press the spacebar to check or uncheck and continue to TAB to the next setting):

Tab characters check box

Spaces check box

Paragraph marks check box

Show all formatting marks check box

the last one, the all checkbox, is important to uncheck.

keep pressing TAB to and SPACEBAR on the OK button.

Two Alternate Ways To Stop Announcement of Paragraph And Space Markers

1. Press CONTROL SHIFT 8 (on the numbers row.

Second Way:

Press ALT plus H, followed by 8 (on the numbers row)

Bill White

billwhite92701@...