What is this "new notification" message I cannot access?

Tim Ford

Hi All,

A couple of days ago JAWS started giving me a message “new notification”.  I get no other message.  I tried the JAWS scanning option on the window, but JAWS said there is no window.  Any ideas on how I access this message?  I hate to just ignore it, in case it is some sort of security risk.

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Try to press Windows Key + A and see what notifications you have there and clear them.

A couple of days ago JAWS started giving me a message “new notification”.  I get no other message.  I tried the JAWS scanning option on the window, but JAWS said there is no window.  Any ideas on how I access this message?  I hate to just ignore it, in case it is some sort of security risk.

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Tim Ford

Great!  That took me to where I needed to be, I could see the notices, and the button to clear them.  The message is now gone!

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Try to press Windows Key + A and see what notifications you have there and clear them.

A couple of days ago JAWS started giving me a message “new notification”.  I get no other message.  I tried the JAWS scanning option on the window, but JAWS said there is no window.  Any ideas on how I access this message?  I hate to just ignore it, in case it is some sort of security risk.

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Dave...

Sieghard,

Is that Windows+A limited to Windows 10?

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 07:51

Try to press Windows Key + A and see what notifications you have there and clear them.

A couple of days ago JAWS started giving me a message “new notification”.  I get no other message.  I tried the JAWS scanning option on the window, but JAWS said there is no window.  Any ideas on how I access this message?  I hate to just ignore it, in case it is some sort of security risk.

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Yes, sorry, forgot you are still on Windows 7.

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 07:51

Try to press Windows Key + A and see what notifications you have there and clear them.

A couple of days ago JAWS started giving me a message “new notification”.  I get no other message.  I tried the JAWS scanning option on the window, but JAWS said there is no window.  Any ideas on how I access this message?  I hate to just ignore it, in case it is some sort of security risk.

Thanks,

Tim Ford

Dave...

Sieghard,

Yes, I do feel so ancient at times...I won't even reveal that my larger audio workstation is still running Windows XP Service Pack 3...

Dave

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 08:40

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 07:51

Try to press Windows Key + A and see what notifications you have there and clear them.