ICloud for Windows and JAWS

Barbara <batterseye@...>

Hello Everyone

I have some files on my IPhone which I wish to transfer to my Windows 7 computer.  The files are currently located in the Files folder on my IPhone.  It was suggested I use ICloud for Windows.  I have never used it before.  I had it on my computer from some unknown cause in the past.  Anyhow, I opened the program and it requested my Apple ID and password.  I provided that.  Then nothing clear is happening.  I pressed insert-W and it gave me a list of basic windows hot keys.  I tabbed some and got something which said check box but did not let me know what it was for.  I can tab to various things.  One was storage.  I went into that and could not figure it out as I tabbed around.

Note I am using JAWS 2019.

Any tips on how to use this program?  I also have a second computer which is Windows 10, so if the tips are different for each OS, let me know both.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

If it is properly set up an iCloud Drive folder will be created on your computer, I believe it is in your user folder, and just as with Dropbox and OneDrive files that are saved in it will appear in it.

[...]

Marty Hutchings

I am with Barbara on this one.  iCloud is incompatible with JAWS 18 on my Windows 7 machine.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: ICloud for Windows and JAWS

[...]

Well I do not find any such folder in the Users folder.  I looked around a bunch.  I did find one drive and an ICloud photos folders.  You said if properly set up.  How to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

[...]

The fact is that this needs to be configured through the iCloud Control Panel which last I heard and last I tried was completely inaccessible. You may need sighted help or see if Microsoft Accessibility can help.