Topics

Getting Sound in Windows Safe Mode with Networking.

I am creating a new topic since updating the batch script used to achieve this end.  The new one will work under Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.  It also does not require that the folder be unzipped only to your Desktop, but that's still what I'm suggesting.  Everything is disposable after you've run the batch script.

The ZIP file is on my Google Drive, and can be downloaded by activating: SoundInSafeMode.zip

The first two steps in the installation instructions are:

You MUST be logged in using a Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 account with admin privileges in order for this to work.

    to your Desktop.

2. Unzip the SoundInSafeMode.ZIP file on your Desktop.  Simply select the ZIP file, bring up the context menu,
and choose Extract All.  You should end up with a folder named SoundInSafeMode on your Desktop.

The remaining instructions are in the file InstallationInstructions.txt which will be one of 4 files that get unzipped into the SoundInSafeMode folder on your Desktop.

Mario

Brian, is there one for sound in safe mode without networking?

<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12M9B8JK5EXQYBFbmPHc2lTgdsaI1uTEv>

The first two steps in the installation instructions are:

You MUST be logged in using a Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 account with admin
privileges in order for this to work.
1. Download the file at
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12M9B8JK5EXQYBFbmPHc2lTgdsaI1uTEv
    to your Desktop.
2. Unzip the SoundInSafeMode.ZIP file on your Desktop.  Simply select
the ZIP file, bring up the context menu,
and choose Extract All.  You should end up with a folder named
SoundInSafeMode on your Desktop.

The remaining instructions are in the file InstallationInstructions.txt
which will be one of 4 files that get unzipped into the SoundInSafeMode
folder on your Desktop.

*/   Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always
a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong./*

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA /The Sage of Baltimore/

Mario,

         No, and I'm not inclined to create one, either.

netbat66

we brought your site down. grin.
it is not loading and i waited 10 minutes to see if anything would happen.

1. Download the file at https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=12M9B8JK5EXQYBFbmPHc2lTgdsaI1uTEv
to your Desktop.

2. Unzip the SoundInSafeMode.ZIP file on your Desktop. Simply select the ZIP file, bring up the context menu,
and choose Extract All. You should end up with a folder named SoundInSafeMode on your Desktop.

The remaining instructions are in the file InstallationInstructions.txt which will be one of 4 files that get unzipped into the SoundInSafeMode folder on your Desktop.

I had no problems as soon as I pressed enter on the link Chrome opened and 2 seconds later jaws announced that the download was complete. It' son Google Drive after all, I doubt a few people downloading that file will bring it down.

[...]

nope,
i tried it with firefox and i e windows 7 and it still doesn't do anything. i just get the word new tab and thats as far as it will go.

-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel

[...]

It's impossible for me to offer any ideas as to why the download function would "stop dead" on anyone's machine, particularly before commencing.

If I paste the URL in on Firefox, Chrome, or Edge I instantly get a Save dialog for the download.  The URL manipulation I use to force immediate download has been the same for years now, the only thing that changes is the file identifier.

netbat66

i don't know why its doing this. but . . .
i have firefox set to ask me where to save a downloaded file.
in this case it never did ask. it downloaded to the last folder i downloaded a file to and no notification to tell me where it went. nothing came up.
so i have 6 copies of the file now. grin.