From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Drew Hunthausen
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: V 18 disapointment

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed! Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use. Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

stintonjoe@...

well i have only just brought jaws 17, so i wont be upgrading !!!

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:23 PM

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed! Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use. Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

Marianne Denning

The problem is that if you don’t upgrade and keep purchasing the SMA for your JAWS you will pay an outrageous price to upgrade in the future. I have always purchased the SMAs and kept my JAWS current. I will probably wait for 1 release to come out before I upgrade but I will definitely upgrade.

well i have only just brought jaws 17, so i wont be upgrading !!!

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:23 PM

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed! Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use. Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

Maria Campbell

I appreciate the migration feature and the audio ducking, which isn't an awful lot to like, but I have also purchased the SMA for the same reason stated here.  Besides, unlike some of the young people here, I'm just too old to learn new tricks, so I'll probably die a JAWS user.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:23 PM

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed! Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use. Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

Kimber Gardner

Same here, though it feels like something of a racket given the poor
quality of some releases that seem like no more than bug fixes dressed
up as new versions.

--
Kimberly

Soronel Haetir

I like the idea of being able to follow the physical mouse around,
actually that seems like something that should have been present years
ago.

On 10/31/16, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I'm with you, Maria.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

lucky1@gmail.com <mailto:lucky1@gmail.com>

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama
On 10/31/2016 1:05 PM, Marianne Denning wrote:

The problem is that if you don't upgrade and keep
purchasing the SMA for your JAWS you will pay an outrageous
price to upgrade in the future. I have always purchased the
SMAs and kept my JAWS current. I will probably wait for 1
release to come out before I upgrade but I will definitely
upgrade.

well i have only just brought jaws 17, so i wont be
upgrading !!!

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18.
Disappointed! Doesn't sound like there is anything improved
or new that I will use. Won't upgrade anytime soon!

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Like a lot of new medications that come out - actually, they're me toos.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

well i have only just brought jaws 17, so i wont be upgrading !!!

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed!
Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use.
Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

--
Kimberly

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I will upgrade cause I need the new vocalizer voices.

On 31/10/2016, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
Like a lot of new medications that come out - actually, they're me toos.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

well i have only just brought jaws 17, so i wont be upgrading !!!

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed!
Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use.
Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

--
Kimberly

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Ditto

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:23 PM

I just got the official e-mail announcing Jaws 18. Disappointed! Doesn’t sound like there is anything improved or new that I will use. Won’t upgrade anytime soon!

dennis

i would upgrade if i had windows 10 but sadly i won't have to worry about that for another 5 years. guess i'll have to just keep up with the sma's.

Ditto