jaws saying blank lines


dennis
 

the setting in punctuation to have jaws not say anything on blank lines doesn't work any more. i installed j18 and migrated settings from 17 and even went in to punctuation and set blank line to not speak but jaws still says blank on a blank line. anyone else notice this?


Soronel Haetir
 

Yes, I experience that too. If I leave the text box empty then the
editor does not retain the change (I go back in after closing settings
center and save changes and "blank" is back on that line). If I put a
single space in the box then it is retained but jaws still says
"blank" on an empty line.

On 10/29/16, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
the setting in punctuation to have jaws not say anything on blank lines
doesn't work any more. i installed j18 and migrated settings from 17 and
even went in to punctuation and set blank line to not speak but jaws
still says blank on a blank line. anyone else notice this?





--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com


dennis
 

yes same here.

On 10/29/2016 9:50 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
Yes, I experience that too. If I leave the text box empty then the
editor does not retain the change (I go back in after closing settings
center and save changes and "blank" is back on that line). If I put a
single space in the box then it is retained but jaws still says
"blank" on an empty line.

On 10/29/16, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
the setting in punctuation to have jaws not say anything on blank lines
doesn't work any more. i installed j18 and migrated settings from 17 and
even went in to punctuation and set blank line to not speak but jaws
still says blank on a blank line. anyone else notice this?






Soronel Haetir
 

After a bit more experimentation I have found that this does not apply
to the eloquence synthesizer, eloquence honors the advanced
punctuation settings while rsd, vocalizer direct and vocalizer
expressive do not.

On 10/29/16, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
yes same here.


On 10/29/2016 9:50 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
Yes, I experience that too. If I leave the text box empty then the
editor does not retain the change (I go back in after closing settings
center and save changes and "blank" is back on that line). If I put a
single space in the box then it is retained but jaws still says
"blank" on an empty line.

On 10/29/16, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
the setting in punctuation to have jaws not say anything on blank lines
doesn't work any more. i installed j18 and migrated settings from 17 and
even went in to punctuation and set blank line to not speak but jaws
still says blank on a blank line. anyone else notice this?









--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com


amoussamas@...
 

Hello,
I have this problem on Jaws 17. I reviewed the release notes for Jaws 18 or 2018 and only found something similar when deleting. Has this bag been fixed in other Jaws 18 or Jaws 2018. Thank you for every reply.


Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>
 

Hi,

 

I’m sorry, but your request for help isn’t all that clear to me. What is is it you would like JAWS to do and in what application?

 

JR

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of amoussamas@...
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 1:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws saying blank lines

 

Hello,
I have this problem on Jaws 17. I reviewed the release notes for Jaws 18 or 2018 and only found something similar when deleting. Has this bag been fixed in other Jaws 18 or Jaws 2018. Thank you for every reply.