Topics

Using Google Chrome

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018 or jaws 2019. I’m on a web site and it says to press jaws key plus alt plus r to get descriptive text. I do and nothing is read. It doesn’t matter what web site I do this on nothing is read. The site tells me to do those key strokes. Is there something else I need to do? Or is the HTML code not setup for a alt label to state something about a link? Thanks, Kevin

Flor Lynch

JAWS Keyboard Help – JAWSKey+1 - and your keystroke pressed, or  pressed twice quickly gives you more information – explains what the keystroke does.

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 2:01 AM
Subject: Using Google Chrome

I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018 or jaws 2019. I’m on a web site and it says to press jaws key plus alt plus r to get descriptive text. I do and nothing is read. It doesn’t matter what web site I do this on nothing is read. The site tells me to do those key strokes. Is there something else I need to do? Or is the HTML code not setup for a alt label to state something about a link? Thanks, Kevin

Van Lant, Robin

I hear that a lot on a couple sites, especially the web-based HR software my company uses.  I agree that it doesn’t seem to do anything.  Someone on one of these lists once said it might be the site designer trying to implement accessible design functions, but not fully doing it.  Maybe like creating an alt tag for an image, but not typing any meaningful text in it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 7:02 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Using Google Chrome

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.