Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 2:01 AM
Subject: Using Google Chrome

I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018 or jaws 2019. I’m on a web site and it says to press jaws key plus alt plus r to get descriptive text. I do and nothing is read. It doesn’t matter what web site I do this on nothing is read. The site tells me to do those key strokes. Is there something else I need to do? Or is the HTML code not setup for a alt label to state something about a link? Thanks, Kevin

Van Lant, Robin

I hear that a lot on a couple sites, especially the web-based HR software my company uses.  I agree that it doesn’t seem to do anything.  Someone on one of these lists once said it might be the site designer trying to implement accessible design functions, but not fully doing it.  Maybe like creating an alt tag for an image, but not typing any meaningful text in it.

I’m using windows10 and Jaws2018 or jaws 2019. I’m on a web site and it says to press jaws key plus alt plus r to get descriptive text. I do and nothing is read. It doesn’t matter what web site I do this on nothing is read. The site tells me to do those key strokes. Is there something else I need to do? Or is the HTML code not setup for a alt label to state something about a link? Thanks, Kevin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114