Keyboard Manager in JAWS and Beyond

Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@...>

I have a Lenovo laptop, which I love, but it has a Print Screen key instead of an applications key.  That has been no problem.  I just go to Keyboard Manager, choose to send the applications key, and assign that function to the Print Screen key.  It was that easy in JAWS 16.  I just tried doing it in JAWS 17 (not my favorite version), and I found keyboard manager had changed entirely.  I suspect JAWS 18 will have the same completely baffling changes to Keyboard Manager.

I do not remember any mention that JAWS 17 completely screwed up keyboard manager.

Regardless, has anyone tried to translate this relatively simple function into the brave new world of JAWS 17 and beyond?

I. Edward Marquette

Direct Dial:  816.502.4646

Mobile:  816.812.0088

Google Voice:  408.692.5640

Facsimile:  816.960.0041

Kutak Rock LLP

2300 Main Street, Suite 800

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

I've got JAWS18 and, like you, I couldn't find it in the keyboard manager. But I was able to find it in the script manager.

Here were the steps I went through:

1. Insert + 0 to go into the script manager,

2. Ctrl + Shift + D to load the default scripts

3. Ctrl + L to get a list of scripts,

4. find the SendApplicationKey script,

5. Ctrl + D to open its documentation,

6. Tab to the Assign To hotkey edit,

7. press the Print Screen key

8. Tab to the OK button and press it

9. Ctrl + S to compile the script

10. Alt + F4 to close the script manager.

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: 28 October 2016 15:28
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Keyboard Manager in JAWS and Beyond

I have a Lenovo laptop, which I love, but it has a Print Screen key instead of an applications key.  That has been no problem.  I just go to Keyboard Manager, choose to send the applications key, and assign that function to the Print Screen key.  It was that easy in JAWS 16.  I just tried doing it in JAWS 17 (not my favorite version), and I found keyboard manager had changed entirely.  I suspect JAWS 18 will have the same completely baffling changes to Keyboard Manager.

I do not remember any mention that JAWS 17 completely screwed up keyboard manager.

Regardless, has anyone tried to translate this relatively simple function into the brave new world of JAWS 17 and beyond?

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@...

Soronel Haetir

I re-assign print screen at the windows level rather than in jaws. I
use a program called sharp keys (available at
https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/ ) to do so.

On 10/28/16, Steve Griffiths <steve.griffiths@guidedogs.org.uk> wrote:
Hi Ed,

I've got JAWS18 and, like you, I couldn't find it in the keyboard manager.
But I was able to find it in the script manager.

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette,
Ed

I have a Lenovo laptop, which I love, but it has a Print Screen key instead
of an applications key. That has been no problem. I just go to Keyboard
Manager, choose to send the applications key, and assign that function to
the Print Screen key. It was that easy in JAWS 16. I just tried doing it
in JAWS 17 (not my favorite version), and I found keyboard manager had
changed entirely. I suspect JAWS 18 will have the same completely baffling
changes to Keyboard Manager.
I do not remember any mention that JAWS 17 completely screwed up keyboard
manager.
Regardless, has anyone tried to translate this relatively simple function
into the brave new world of JAWS 17 and beyond?

I. Edward Marquette
Direct Dial: 816.502.4646
Mobile: 816.812.0088
Google Voice: 408.692.5640
Facsimile: 816.960.0041
Kutak Rock LLP
Kansas City, MO 64108
ed.marquette@kutakrock.com<mailto:ed.marquette@kutakrock.com>

applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7
3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered
in England and Wales

Email: guidedogs@guidedogs.org.uk
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Steve:

These steps worked fine – up to a point.  I was able to do everything down to the point at which I found “Send Applications Key.”  Your instructions then said to press control + d to open the documentation.  Alas!  That is when things stopped working.  The cursor jumped to a line in the actual default script source code at the point for “decrease Braille …”  I thought you perhaps meant to say Alt + d, but that did not work either.  I think I’ll try the help file.  I feel I’m pretty close.

Someone else on the list (I do not remember who it was) suggested using windows to make the switch.  Alas!  That seemed to require running another program.  This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an executable file that is not part of the firm’s image takes an act of Congress, a year to wait, and the actions of someone in our IT department who refuses to read JAWS documentation.

If I can do it myself, that is far preferable.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: Keyboard Manager in JAWS and Beyond

Hi Ed,

I've got JAWS18 and, like you, I couldn't find it in the keyboard manager. But I was able to find it in the script manager.

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Steve,

Is there a way to get the default JSS file back before trying to modify it? Not sure if I can just delete it and it will recreate itself, but before I do this I wanted to ask.

I followed your instructions and everything worked fine, but now when I am in an email and arrow down to read it Jaws always says “ Unknown function call

To: whichscreenisthis

The ladder, to make it easier to understand is “Which Screen is this”.

I am also getting this a lot as I am typing this and when I press the enter key to start a new line. Very annoying and I hope I can get my Default script file back from before I tried this.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

I feel I didn't explain well enough.

Once you've got the list of scripts with Ctrl + L, and your focus is on SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and you should be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so that your focus is "inside" the script, then press Ctrl + D.

Does that work?

Steve

Sent: 28 October 2016 23:25

Steve:

These steps worked fine – up to a point.  I was able to do everything down to the point at which I found “Send Applications Key.”  Your instructions then said to press control + d to open the documentation.  Alas!  That is when things stopped working.  The cursor jumped to a line in the actual default script source code at the point for “decrease Braille …”  I thought you perhaps meant to say Alt + d, but that did not work either.  I think I’ll try the help file.  I feel I’m pretty close.

Someone else on the list (I do not remember who it was) suggested using windows to make the switch.  Alas!  That seemed to require running another program.  This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an executable file that is not part of the firm’s image takes an act of Congress, a year to wait, and the actions of someone in our IT department who refuses to read JAWS documentation.

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Steve Griffiths

Hi Sieghard,

You can get your default back. Or rather, when you make changes to the default script, JAWS saves it into a different location so you can delete that and return to the original.

One way to do this is from the Start menu. I'm using Windows 7, and I press Start, UpArrow once to All Programs, Enter to choose it, DownArrow to the JAWS entry, Enter to open it, DownArrow to Explore JAWS, Enter to open it.

Choose Explore My Settings to go to the folder that contains the altered script files. There are three that you'll need to get rid of; default.jss, default.jsb and default.jsd.

Hope that helps?

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 29 October 2016 06:20

Hi Steve,

Is there a way to get the default JSS file back before trying to modify it? Not sure if I can just delete it and it will recreate itself, but before I do this I wanted to ask.

I followed your instructions and everything worked fine, but now when I am in an email and arrow down to read it Jaws always says “ Unknown function call

To: whichscreenisthis

The ladder, to make it easier to understand is “Which Screen is this”.

I am also getting this a lot as I am typing this and when I press the enter key to start a new line. Very annoying and I hope I can get my Default script file back from before I tried this.

Regards,

Sieghard

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Steve:

I think I have followed your directions.

I first open the Script Manager.

Then, I ensure the default file is loaded with control + shift + d.

Then, I press control + l to get a list of scripts.

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times.  Then, I arrow down to “Send Applications Key.”

Making triple certain I’m on the right line, the one that says “Send Applications Key,” I press ENTER.

The message I get goes something like this:

“Script not found. “Send Applications Key is found in the Documentation.  Press “Yes” to delete.”

Not intending to delete anything, I bail out at this point.

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:57 AM

Hi Ed,

Once you've got the list of scripts with Ctrl + L, and your focus is on SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and you should be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so that your focus is "inside" the script, then press Ctrl + D.

Does that work?

Steve

Steve:

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

The only thing I can suggest here is to delete any changes you've made to the script file and start again. I mentioned how to do this in a previous message in this thread directed at Sieghard.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent: 30 October 2016 18:13

Steve:

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times.  Then, I arrow down to “Send Applications Key.”

Making triple certain I’m on the right line, the one that says “Send Applications Key,” I press ENTER.

“Script not found. “Send Applications Key is found in the Documentation.  Press “Yes” to delete.”

Hi Ed,

Does that work?

Steve

Steve:

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Cristóbal

For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring  up the applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with reassigning keys be it with the keyboard manager in Jaws or with scripts at least for this particular issue. At this point, the shift+F10 command is as second  nature to me as is bringing up the system tray.

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 11:13 AM

Steve:

Hi Ed,

Does that work?

Steve

Steve:

Hi Ed,

Steve

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

Thank you.

Soronel Haetir

That's just it, I am so used to having a real applications key from
using desktop keyboards that trying to re-train myself to use
shift+f10 is very difficult. Hard enough to use a single key in the
wrong place.

And worse, with recent HP laptops at least there is no separation
between the F-keys to make groups like you would find on a desktop (or
even on older HP laptops) - despite the fact that I use full size
laptops. That makes using a particular F-key an exercise in counting
every single time for me.

What's even more frustrating, the physical laptop case is slightly
larger than my last HP that had a proper keyboard as I reckon things
but the keys are crunched into a slightly smaller area, and thus why
they got rid of the applications key and the grouping of F-keys.

On 10/31/16, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:
For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring up the
applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with reassigning keys be it
with the keyboard manager in Jaws or with scripts at least for this
particular issue. At this point, the shift+F10 command is as second nature
to me as is bringing up the system tray.

Ed

Steve:

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times. Then, I arrow down to
“Send Applications Key.”

Making triple certain I’m on the right line, the one that says “Send
Applications Key,” I press ENTER.

“Script not found. “Send Applications Key is found in the Documentation.
Press “Yes” to delete.”

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve
Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Once you've got the list of scripts with Ctrl + L, and your focus is on
SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and you should
be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so that your focus is
"inside" the script, then press Ctrl + D.

Does that work?

Steve

Ed

Steve:

These steps worked fine – up to a point. I was able to do everything down
to the point at which I found “Send Applications Key.” Your instructions
then said to press control + d to open the documentation. Alas! That is
when things stopped working. The cursor jumped to a line in the actual
default script source code at the point for “decrease Braille …” I thought
you perhaps meant to say Alt + d, but that did not work either. I think
I’ll try the help file. I feel I’m pretty close.

Someone else on the list (I do not remember who it was) suggested using
windows to make the switch. Alas! That seemed to require running another
program. This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an executable file that is
not part of the firm’s image takes an act of Congress, a year to wait, and
the actions of someone in our IT department who refuses to read JAWS
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Steve

Ed

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

<mailto:ed.marquette@kutakrock.com> ed.marquette@kutakrock.com

_____

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by
E-mail message.
Thank you.

in England and Wales

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guidedogs.org.uk&d=DQMGaQ&c=CMYNxKEx9XwzkNg9QU6ZcPKnuXk0aDlw3v_02OUU55A&r=LwcLJ7qDHC7BpuK0FQQOM8NngMoERRDlqGQilLc0omA&m=kJVwD0hjbHYwkGsHaqzl6HlQgzdZyW2k4lzOLRcAOZg&s=AawosFwQMgX6RYuhGRk6IyvsyYXpZwss2fhpIywFz70&e=>

in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Cristóbal

I use locater dots on my keyboards. Be it the laptop or mechanical I find it convenient to get my Barings faster especially in instances like the laptop where keys aren't as spaced apart.
Usually keys 2, 6 and 0 on the number row and F4, F7 and F12 since these are the most frequent functions keys I use with Jaws and at the same time, I can use them as landmarks for the other function keys for other commands.
A split second here and there throughout the day and it becomes noticeable

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:12 PM

wrong place.

For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring up the
applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with reassigning keys be it
particular issue. At this point, the shift+F10 command is as second nature

Ed

Steve:

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times. Then, I arrow down to
“Send Applications Key.”

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and you should
be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so that your focus is

Does that work?

Steve

Ed

Steve:

These steps worked fine – up to a point. I was able to do everything down
default script source code at the point for “decrease Braille …” I thought

windows to make the switch. Alas! That seemed to require running another
program. This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an executable file that is
not part of the firm’s image takes an act of Congress, a year to wait, and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Steve

Ed

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

E-mail message.
Thank you.

in England and Wales

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guidedogs.org.uk&d=DQMGaQ&c=CMYNxKEx9XwzkNg9QU6ZcPKnuXk0aDlw3v_02OUU55A&r=LwcLJ7qDHC7BpuK0FQQOM8NngMoERRDlqGQilLc0omA&m=kJVwD0hjbHYwkGsHaqzl6HlQgzdZyW2k4lzOLRcAOZg&s=AawosFwQMgX6RYuhGRk6IyvsyYXpZwss2fhpIywFz70&e=>

in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Soronel Haetir

That's an interesting idea, I'll have to consider it. I spend enough
time counting to get the right F-key that something that would cut
down on that need would be welcome. (That is one nice thing about
mapping the print screen key, it does still have separation so is easy
to find).

On 11/1/16, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:
I use locater dots on my keyboards. Be it the laptop or mechanical I find
it convenient to get my Barings faster especially in instances like the
laptop where keys aren't as spaced apart.
Usually keys 2, 6 and 0 on the number row and F4, F7 and F12 since these
are the most frequent functions keys I use with Jaws and at the same
time, I can use them as landmarks for the other function keys for other
commands.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel
Haetir

wrong place.

For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring up
the
applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with reassigning keys be
it
particular issue. At this point, the shift+F10 command is as second
nature

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times. Then, I arrow down
to
“Send Applications Key.”

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and you
should
be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so that your focus
is

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

These steps worked fine – up to a point. I was able to do everything
down
default script source code at the point for “decrease Braille …” I
thought

windows to make the switch. Alas! That seemed to require running
another
program. This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an executable file that
is
not part of the firm’s image takes an act of Congress, a year to wait,
and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

I've got JAWS18 and, like you, I couldn't find it in the keyboard
manager.

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

I have a Lenovo laptop, which I love, but it has a Print Screen key
instead
the Print Screen key. It was that easy in JAWS 16. I just tried doing
it
changed entirely. I suspect JAWS 18 will have the same completely
baffling

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity
registered
in England and Wales

registered
in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Most definitely, if for nothing else the dash and underline key. I like it on the 4 and 7 to, for one reason, so many passwords having numbers in them, and when you type, it says star.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 12:39 PM

That's an interesting idea, I'll have to consider it. I spend enough time counting to get the right F-key that something that would cut down on that need would be welcome. (That is one nice thing about mapping the print screen key, it does still have separation so is easy to find).

I use locater dots on my keyboards. Be it the laptop or mechanical I
find it convenient to get my Barings faster especially in instances
like the laptop where keys aren't as spaced apart.
Usually keys 2, 6 and 0 on the number row and F4, F7 and F12 since
these are the most frequent functions keys I use with Jaws and at
the same time, I can use them as landmarks for the other function keys
for other commands.
A split second here and there throughout the day and it becomes
noticeable

Soronel Haetir

wrong place.

For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring
up the applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with
reassigning keys be it with the keyboard manager in Jaws or with
scripts at least for this particular issue. At this point, the
shift+F10 command is as second nature to me as is bringing up the
system tray.

Marquette, Ed

Steve:

I press “s” to save pressing PageDown 10,000 times. Then, I arrow
down to “Send Applications Key.”

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Once you've got the list of scripts with Ctrl + L, and your focus is
on SendApplicationKey, press Enter to leave the list of scripts and
you should be at the start of the actual script. DownArrow once so
that your focus is "inside" the script, then press Ctrl + D.

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

down
thought

another
is
and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

manager.

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

instead
it
baffling

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

registered
in England and Wales

registered
in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Soronel Haetir

Thanks again for this idea, I ordered some and after applying them the
F-keys are instantly eaiser to locate.

commands.

Haetir

wrong place.

the
it
nature

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

to
“Send Applications Key.”

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

should
is

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

down
thought

another
is
and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

manager.

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

instead
it
baffling

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

registered
in England and Wales

registered
in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Another good way to mark keys on a keyboard is to cut strips of the soft side of self-adhesive Velcro to fit individual keys.
I have these strips of soft Velcro on my Tab, Control and Alt keys on the left side of the keyboard.
The Backspace, Enter, Control and Alt keys on the right side. Then the five on the number pad. I also have it on theF4 key too.
I only use those locator dots; I call them Speed Bumps, on my home keys; F and J.

But anyone can mark their keyboard, however it suits them best. But Velcro is a great option because you can cut the material to cover the whole key.

Just my 1.5 cents worth. LOL!

Sent: Monday, November 07, 2016 10:46 PM

Thanks again for this idea, I ordered some and after applying them the
F-keys are instantly eaiser to locate.

commands.

Haetir

wrong place.

the
it
nature

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

to
“Send Applications Key.”

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

should
is

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

down
thought

another
is
and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

manager.

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

instead
it
baffling

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

registered
in England and Wales

registered
in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Which dots do you guys find work the best with respect to staying on and so on. I have in the past asked sighted friends to use this glue stuff that you can use to make raised lines or dots for this purpose, but it's a bit tricky and of course you can't use your keyboard for at least 12 hours or so afterwards while this sets up.

Regards,
Sieghard

Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 7:46 PM

Thanks again for this idea, I ordered some and after applying them the F-keys are instantly eaiser to locate.

for other commands.
noticeable

Soronel Haetir

wrong place.

system tray.

Marquette, Ed

Steve:

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

Steve:

down
thought

another
is
and
documentation.

Griffiths

Hi Ed,

manager.

Steve

Marquette,
Ed

instead
it
baffling

manager.

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

this
E-mail message.
Thank you.

registered
in England and Wales

registered
in England and Wales

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

/Dots I've used previously came loose and left the key sticky -- really sticky -- and getting the glue off was a huge pain.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:01 AM

Which dots do you guys find work the best with respect to staying on and so on. I have in the past asked sighted friends to use this glue stuff that you can use to make raised lines or dots for this purpose, but it's a bit tricky and of course you can't use your keyboard for at least 12 hours or so afterwards while this sets up.

Regards,

Sieghard

Thanks again for this idea, I ordered some and after applying them the F-keys are instantly eaiser to locate.

for other commands.
noticeable
Soronel Haetir
wrong place.
system tray.
Marquette, Ed
Steve:
Press “Yes” to delete.”
Steve Griffiths
Hi Ed,
Does that work?
Steve
Marquette,
Ed
Steve:
down
thought
another
is
and
documentation.
Griffiths
Hi Ed,
manager.
Steve
Marquette,
Ed
instead
it
baffling
manager.
I. Edward Marquette
Kutak Rock LLP
Kansas City, MO 64108
_____
this
E-mail message.
Thank you.
registered
in England and Wales
registered
in England and Wales
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--

Soronel Haetir

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you.

I'm sure there are dots and there are dots which is why I asked so it's good to know that some of them leave behind unwanted stickyness if they come off. That is one advantage of the glue or whatever that stuff is they sell to make these raised lines/dots, once it dries it is pretty good if applied correctly and you can peal it off without leaving anything behind.

Regards,
Sieghard

Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:08 AM

/Dots I've used previously came loose and left the key sticky -- really sticky -- and getting the glue off was a huge pain.

Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:01 AM

Regards,

Sieghard

for other commands.
noticeable
Soronel Haetir
wrong place.
system tray.
Marquette, Ed
Steve:
Press “Yes” to delete.”
Steve Griffiths
Hi Ed,
Does that work?
Steve
Marquette,
Ed
Steve:
down
thought
another
is
and
documentation.
Griffiths
Hi Ed,
manager.
Steve
Marquette,
Ed
instead
it
baffling
manager.
I. Edward Marquette
Kutak Rock LLP
Kansas City, MO 64108
_____
this
E-mail message.
Thank you.
registered
in England and Wales
registered
in England and Wales
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

--

Soronel Haetir

soronel.haetir@gmail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I just use Scotch tape.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:01 AM

Regards,
Sieghard

for other commands.
noticeable

Soronel Haetir

wrong place.

system tray.

Marquette, Ed

Steve:

Press “Yes” to delete.”

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

Does that work?

Steve

Marquette, Ed

Steve:

down to the point at which I found “Send Applications Key.” Your
instructions then said to press control + d to open the
documentation. Alas! That is when things stopped working. The
cursor jumped to a line in the actual default script source code at
the point for “decrease Braille …” I thought you perhaps meant to
say Alt + d, but that did not work either. I think I’ll try the help
file. I feel I’m pretty close.

Someone else on the list (I do not remember who it was) suggested
using windows to make the switch. Alas! That seemed to require
running another program. This is the firm’s laptop, and to run an
executable file that is not part of the firm’s image takes an act of
Congress, a year to wait, and the actions of someone in our IT
department who refuses to read JAWS documentation.

Steve Griffiths

Hi Ed,

manager.

Steve

Marquette, Ed

instead of an applications key. That has been no problem. I just go
to Keyboard Manager, choose to send the applications key, and assign
that function to the Print Screen key. It was that easy in JAWS 16.
I just tried doing it in JAWS 17 (not my favorite version), and I
found keyboard manager had changed entirely. I suspect JAWS 18 will
have the same completely baffling changes to Keyboard Manager.

I do not remember any mention that JAWS 17 completely screwed up
keyboard manager.

Regardless, has anyone tried to translate this relatively simple
function into the brave new world of JAWS 17 and beyond?

I. Edward Marquette

Kutak Rock LLP

Kansas City, MO 64108

_____

recipients above and may contain information that is privileged,
attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at
402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office:
Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company
limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a
charity registered in England and Wales

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guidedogs.or
g.uk&d=DQMGaQ&c=CMYNxKEx9XwzkNg9QU6ZcPKnuXk0aDlw3v_02OUU55A&r=LwcLJ7q
DHC7BpuK0FQQOM8NngMoERRDlqGQilLc0omA&m=kJVwD0hjbHYwkGsHaqzl6HlQgzdZyW
2k4lzOLRcAOZg&s=AawosFwQMgX6RYuhGRk6IyvsyYXpZwss2fhpIywFz70&e=>