Topics

Using Waterfox

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F, JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking its speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

Yeah, ctrl-f activates the browser's find function and not JAWS's, I noticed
that as well. That's actually ok I think as that's the way browsers are
meant to function. Is it that much of a pain for you to use insert-ctrl-f
instead? You already have to do this in for examplea dobe reader...

That said I'm sure you could remap the keystroke somehow. I don't think jAWS
has separate keyboard/script files for waterfox, and that's why the virtual
find doesn't work the same. You could probably create one if you watned to.

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello there:

Due to an injury to the little finger on my right hand, I find pressing keystrokes such as INSERT+CTRL a problem. Not only that, when you press CTRL+F and type a search term on a page, I find that when you press ENTER, to activate the search function, it does not appear to take you to the result, if it finds it!

Dave Durber

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Mike Rogers

There is a "sticky key" function with Jaws that allows you to press insert, then another key using one hand.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "JM Casey" <jmcasey@...>

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking
its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

netbat66

contrrol f is the windows search function. it does go to the item. but you have to close the find dialog box before you know where you are on the page. if you want to continue the same search you press f3.

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

Or you could try the laptop layout. Then you wouldn't have to use that right
hand little finger.

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one
of my computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press
CTRL+F, JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS
search command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am
liking its speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

JM Casey

I don't have a JAWS-related solution for you, but if you press escape when
using the ctrl-f find function, you will find your cursor in the right
position and the find dialog box will close. As was already said, pressing
f3 should get you to the next occurrence of the search.

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking
its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Mike:

Unless Vispero have added a Sticky Keys function to JAWS which I have not heard about, The Sticky Keys function you mention, is a function in Windows, it is not a JAWS function.

Thank you for the suggestion.

HTH

Dave Durber

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of my
computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press CTRL+F,
JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am liking
its
speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Dave,

Windows has the sticky key mode but, Jaws has Insert key mode and how to use it is explained below:
Insert Key Mode:
Try the following to turn the Insert Key Mode on / off.  This only works in
the Settings Center Default All Applications.
1. Open the Settings Center in either of these 2 ways.
A. Press, Insert / Jaws Key + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
B. Press, Insert / Jaws Key + F2, to open the, Jaws Manager, arrow down,
Settings Center, & press enter.
With the Settings Center open press, control, shift , + D, to open the
Settings Center Default All Applications.
2. Arrow down to, Users, right arrow to open.
3. Arrow down to, Insert Key Mode, to check or uncheck this box.  Here's the
explanation of this option:
When selected, the INSERT key functions as a sticky key. Any key pressed
immediately after pressing the INSERT key is treated as if it were pressed
in combination with the INSERT key. This check box is cleared by default.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

> There is a "sticky key" function with Jaws that allows you to press
> insert, then another key using one hand.
>
> ********************************
>
> www.harmonicaworkshops.com
>

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:07:24 -0000
> "Dave Durber" <d.durber@...> wrote:
>
>> Hello there:
>>
>> Due to an injury to the little finger on my right hand, I find pressing
>> keystrokes such as INSERT+CTRL a problem. Not only that, when you press
>> CTRL+F and type a search term on a page, I find that when you press
>> ENTER, to activate the search function, it does not appear to take you to
>> the result, if it finds it!
>>
>> Dave Durber
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "JM Casey" <jmcasey@...>

Patrick Kwanashie

The latest version of Waterfox is not accessible to JAWS. What is the
latest accessible version and where can I download it?

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of
my computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press
CTRL+F, JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am
liking its speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Patrick Kwanashie

Actually, it's now working fine.

The latest version of Waterfox is not accessible to JAWS. What is the
latest accessible version and where can I download it?

Using Windows 7 and JAWS Version 2018, I installed WaterFox on one of
my computers this morning.

So far, I have found one irritating thing, that is, When I press
CTRL+F, JAWS now says, "Search in page", followed by the word edit.

How can I apply the keystroke, INSERT+CTRL+F, which is the JAWS search
command to CTRL+F, instead.

So far, with the limited use I have had using this browser, I am
liking its speed and accessing the web pages I have visited.

Thank you in anticipation for any suggestions.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

netbat66

thats because you have to reload waterfox the first time so it can detect your screen reader.
another thing, if you switch screen readers while waterfox is running there function keys will not work until you reload waterfox
if you are going to switch screen readers you have to do it before waterfox is loaded. then it will work.