From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: 14 February 2019 14:52
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: What happened to Doug Geoffray,

After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray? Is he still part of VFO

Don H

I have found that he is now a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft

On 2/14/2019 9:10 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
No.
All the best
Steve
After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray? Is he still part of VFO

Tom Lange

Hi,
I’d heard that He’s now at Microsoft but I wasn’t sure in what capacity. I wonder if he’s somehow responsible for the progress made with Narrator. With Doug at the helm, good things are surely in store. I wish him all the best.

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I have found that he is now a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft

On 2/14/2019 9:10 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
No.
All the best
Steve
After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray? Is he still part of VFO

Richard Turner

Doug is a program manager with the Narrator team at Microsoft and will be at CSUN.
Here is a link to the Microsoft Accessibility blog:

Richard

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Tom Lange <lange85@...> wrote:

Hi,
I’d heard that He’s now at Microsoft but I wasn’t sure in what capacity. I wonder if he’s somehow responsible for the progress made with Narrator. With Doug at the helm, good things are surely in store. I wish him all the best.

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I have found that he is now a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft

On 2/14/2019 9:10 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
No.
All the best
Steve
After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray?  Is he still part of VFO

Jason White

Does anyone else remember that he wrote WordTalk (Computer Aids Corporation, mid 1980s, word processor for Apple II systems)?

After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray?  Is he still part of VFO

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

Doug wrote a lot more than just Word Talk. He had a series. He had one called Term Talk, a terminal software and also File Talk which was a great database software. I used it for several things on my Apple IIE.

From what I hear, Doug did not stay with VFO. He is with Microsoft as programming manager in the accessibility department working on Microsoft Narrator.  With him there, I expect the Narrator will be the equivalent built-in accessibility to Voice-Over for Microsoft. I am hopeful.

Ron & Danvers

Does anyone else remember that he wrote WordTalk (Computer Aids Corporation, mid 1980s, word processor for Apple II systems)?

After the demise of Window Eyes what happen to Doug Geoffray?  Is he still part of VFO

Steve Nutt

This is one reason I think Narrator will become really good.

All the best

Steve