Msword question

Nino Dagostino

Hello:

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

All you need do is press F6 a couple of times, and the search feature will close, and you will be back in your document.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Thanks Bill, I am still looking for those files.

Thank you

All you need do is press F6 a couple of times, and the search feature will close, and you will be back in your document.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Van Lant, Robin

Bill, that doesn’t’ work.  F6 moves you away from the search window, but it remains open on the screen.  That may not be an issue for those with no vision, but does limit the screen space for those of us with limited vision who enlarge the document size.

I wish I knew the real answer.  It’s on my question list for Microsoft Accessibility.  Some of these windows will have a close button you can tab to at the bottom, but some don’t.

All you need do is press F6 a couple of times, and the search feature will close, and you will be back in your document.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

JM Casey

Hi.

To close the navigation/search pane, try alt-w, followed by k.

I think this will only work inside the document pane.

It’s a toggle, by the way.

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard B. McDonald

Sometimes, when you are in one of these “sub windows” (e.g., the “smart lookup window”) pressing control+spacebar brings up a context menu similar to the alt+spacebar action.  One of the resulting selections is “close.”  This works for me most often.

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.

Icould not find the feature.

My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ann Byrne

To close a pane
1. Move to the pane.
2. Press ctrl+spacebar. This opens a menu.
3. Arrow down to close and whack enter.

At 11:00 AM 2/13/2019, you wrote:
Thanks Bill, I am still looking for those files.

Thank you

All you need do is press F6 a couple of times, and the search feature will close, and you will be back in your document.

Bill White

How to close the navigation payne after using the search feature.
Icould not find the feature.
My tutor wanted to close it for me but, there has to be a way that we can close it with the Keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Palmer Loux

F6 moves you from one pane to another count how many times you have to press to get you to “print view edit”

--
Palmer from CBVI

JM Casey

He doesn’t want to move from one to another, he wants to close or hide  it entirely so it does not show on the screen.